Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S Pro W Android Box No Print Settings

Mecool M8S Pro W Android Box No Print Settings
    Hi I have recently attempted to turn a Mecool M8S Pro W TV box into a mini PC. The box is the 2GB/16GB model with the Amlogic 905 chipset and performs well. Attached to a 24” HDMI monitor, wired keyboard/mouse and using the Microsoft Launcher I have managed to turn the device into a respectable mini PC except for one thing – The lack of Print Settings in the Android Settings.
    The box is running Android 7.1.1 with a slightly modded version from the box manufacturer. The build No is M8S Pro W 7.1.1 NHG47L 20180307.153813.V0213. The build is virtuallyindistingusibale between stock android except for the lack of Print Settings. I have installed Google Cloud Print Client and the Cannon Print Client as I have a Cannon Printer. I have also installed the Cannon Printer App.
    Whilst I can print saved documents, pdfs and images from the Cannon Printer App I have found I cant print directly from Apps such as MS Word/Excel, Smart Office, PDF Viewer, and my email Apps. To print I have to save any document, goto the Canon Print app and select the document to print.
    As there are no Print Settings in the main Android System Settings I believe I am not able to enable the native print function. As a result when I say try to print from Word a message appears saying “Preparing document to Print” but nothing else happens. know other people have experienced similar issues but I cant seem to find a solution. Is there anyway I can add the Print Settings option like you find on stock Android.
    If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.
Working...
X