x96 p212 nougat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x96 p212 nougat?

Was trying to load up an ATV rom on my x96 but apparently i need to upgrade to nougat first but im having trouble finding nougat for the p212 board. does anyone know of any working firmwares? Or can anyone confirm the nexbox a905x has a p212 board and i can use that firmware? or is there an ATV marshmallow rom?

My box: (some photots of my board which is stamped Q5X v2.1: https://imgur.com/a/LruukAO )
    X96 (2gb/16gb)
    product/board: p212
    build: mhc19j
    incremental: 20170930
    fingerprint: amlogic/p212/p212:6.0.1/MHC19J/20170605:user/test-keys

And i did come across what i think would be a working 7.1 firmware but im not sure what the "u2" bootloader is or if it would work correctly

Firmware details
    Archive name: U2+p212_S905X_V0321_TVStock-20170730
    Image: MINIMXIII-II_V0321_TVStock-20170730.img
    Archive file size: 507 MB
    Platform: AMLogic S905x
    https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...u2-tv-box.html

Works, but freezes, iptv unusable, ugly menu, lengthy setting etc.I do not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gante View Post
      Works, but freezes, iptv unusable, ugly menu, lengthy setting etc.I do not recommend.
      I actually found one that works perfectly. Search for the tx7 7.1.2 firmware (HQYG-TX7-nikodi-20180104.img). installed using the usb burning tool (be sure to tick "erase bootloader").

I did have to change the launcher cuz i couldnt figure out how to change the icons on the homescreen. I pulled the Alice UX Launcer from the newest TX3Max firmware( TX3Max-20180321.img) and am using that now. box boots in about 45 seconds, temps have gone wayyy down, and the stock x96 remote works perfectly (power button actually powers the device on and off now lol)

Comment

It is clear that you are reading the information from the site 4pda,
        but not all firmware on this sites there are good.
        It's not a matter of how fast the box starts or whether you have android 7, but it's a matter how box plays!
        And with Tanix firmware it does not play very well!
        Iptv is slightly torn, box gets hot, etc.
        I have this box and tried all the firmware android 6, 7, 8 from the internet and I came back to the original firmware android 6.

Comment

It is clear that you are reading the information from the site 4pda,
          but not all firmware on this sites there are good.
          It's not a matter of how fast the box starts or whether you have android 7, but it's a matter how box plays!
          And with Tanix firmware it does not play very well!
          Iptv is slightly torn, box gets hot, etc.
          I have this box and tried all the firmware android 6, 7, 8 from the internet and I came back to the original firmware android 6.
          The post above you says differently about the Tanix he found at least

Comment

Originally posted by huffmybrd View Post

I actually found one that works perfectly. Search for the tx7 7.1.2 firmware (HQYG-TX7-nikodi-20180104.img). installed using the usb burning tool (be sure to tick "erase bootloader").

I did have to change the launcher cuz i couldnt figure out how to change the icons on the homescreen. I pulled the Alice UX Launcer from the newest TX3Max firmware( TX3Max-20180321.img) and am using that now. box boots in about 45 seconds, temps have gone wayyy down, and the stock x96 remote works perfectly (power button actually powers the device on and off now lol)
            Since you now found a 7.1 firmware that works, have you found any ATv roms? I'm looking forward to AtvXperience rom for s905x but it hasn't been released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by antonh View Post

Since you now found a 7.1 firmware that works, have you found any ATv roms? I'm looking forward to AtvXperience rom for s905x but it hasn't been released yet.
              this is the only one ive found, but hasnt been released yet

• Android OS version: 7.1.2 • For devices: S905X • Recovery: TWRP • Thread Made By: N'ayam Amarsh'e __________________________________ FIX FOR A95X S905X WIFI: Here is a fix: - download and unzip this ap6330 folder...

and the tx7 firmware hasnt done me wrong yet. no streaming/buffering/freezing issues, no studdering or anything on HD videos. and the max temp my box hit yesterday after being on and used for 7 hours was around 135F

Comment

this is the only one ive found, but hasnt been released yet

• Android OS version: 7.1.2 • For devices: S905X • Recovery: TWRP • Thread Made By: N'ayam Amarsh'e __________________________________ FIX FOR A95X S905X WIFI: Here is a fix: - download and unzip this ap6330 folder...

and the tx7 firmware hasnt done me wrong yet. no streaming/buffering/freezing issues, no studdering or anything on HD videos. and the max temp my box hit yesterday after being on and used for 7 hours was around 135F
                Yes that's the one I'm waiting for

Sounds good, will install the tx7 firmware!

Comment

can you send me link to download the firmware of tx7 please
                  i can't access tanix website

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

But rather you instal original android 6. Just my opinion.

Comment

thanks.. i will try

Comment

Working...
                      X