Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with soft-bricked X96

Hello folks,

Need help with my X96 2GB/16GB version. It's a S905x(p212) device with a Q5X v2.1 board. The Wi-fi chip version is RTL8189.

Here is what happened:
    - Initially, it was running 6.0.1 stock which I upgraded to 7.1.2 using TX7 upgrade package( SD Card method - Erase bootloader option was selected) posted on another forum. The ROM upgrade was successful and I had a fully-functional ROM, in that even the IR remote’s power buttons were mapped correctly, so no mods were needed after flash.
    - I flashed TWRP posted by @Ricky Divjakovski on xda-developers for S905x devices and later installed his Poison ROM. The Poison ROM couldn’t boot for me like others who reported this issue as well on Poison thread.
    - I now went a bit adventurous and flashed MagicSee Iron 7.1.2 firmware(SD Card Method- Erase Bootloader selected). The upgrade went fine this time too, but the ROM had many hiccups and software would hang quite often. So, I decided to roll-back to TX7 firmware again.
    - But my reset button stopped working. The ROM would still boot and I could load TWRP recovery too.
    - I tried some other stuff to install stock recovery and install OTA packages. And now, it’s totally messed up. I have lost TWRP too.

Current status:
    - No matter I do, I can’t get into recovery. It shows the boot logo and then moves to Magicsee logo animation, but get’s stuck there.
    - I tried shorting some pins(not sure if they are the right pins), the device restarts but follows the same sequence as above(boot logo -> Magisee animation) but Amlogic USB burning tool never detects the device.
    - I also, tried with the X96 stock firmware flashed on a SD Card, but still couldn’t get into recovery to trigger the update.

Any advice to recover my soft-brick will be a great help.

Cheers,

Update: I managed to locate the correct pins on eMMC and flash back to stock X96 firmware.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by mrish View Post
      Update: I managed to locate the correct pins on eMMC and flash back to stock X96 firmware.

Cheers,
      can you share picture of the correct pins on eMMC ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gue_neeh View Post

thanks
        Amlogic Burning Tool - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tnoEx2QBVDuG7W4RuVbggFF8ojwi2uYdMirror - https://mirrorace.com/m/sB4YRom that fixed my x96 - https:/...

Comment

Originally posted by gue_neeh View Post

thanks
          Pls. see the attached pic. It was two-pins in the region selected(don't exactly remember which ones).
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nopes. I had seen this too, but this board and eMMC is totally different from mine.

Comment

Working...
            X