MXQ Pro - Reset Button Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro - Reset Button Not Working

Hi all! I’ve got a S905x box that I’m stuck with (MXQ Pro 4K - in Android settings it’s listed as an MXQ Pro II) so I’m trying to get the most of it. It’s sluggish as all get out (1gb/8gb), but I’ve found a new firmware I’d like to try that I’ve found on this site. The problem is, I can’t figure out how to flash it. The AV reset button doesn’t work - I push it in and power on the box, but it just keeps booting to the regular start screen. I tried with the USB burning tool, but since I flashed a different firmware to the box (pretty stock firmware from Chinagadgets), the box won’t get detected by Windows. I’ve read that these problems can maybe be caused by no root, so I tried rooting with a couple of apps, but they fail. Any suggestions of what to try? I checked with a multimeter and the button does appear to have continuity. Am I stuck with what I’ve got now?

Hello .. tried to make the short on the nand for the pc recognize the box?

Comment

I actually did just now. I can get the box to reboot by shorting pins on the emmc, but it just boots back into Android, even with the reset button pushed. I may have to just live with it it's looking like heh thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X