M8 (S802) rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 (S802) rebuild

I have a M8 android TV box that worked fine until my daughter decided to get her hands on it. Whatever she did it wiped all the data from the box, All I get now is TWRP screen, with various icons eg install etc.
    I've searched for new firmware and downloaded this T8V_3.4.0 onto a SD card and carried out a toothpick start, but all I get is errors.
    CAn someone please help before I decided to throw my box in the bin.
    Regards

Anybody got any idea which can help me with this topic

Comment

Well..
      You state you see a error msg...but give no info what the msg stated..?

If its "invalid signature error" try another sdcard use format fat32
      Or use a s802 "recovery.img" on the sdcard
      You can find the boot sdcard files on freaktab finless firmwares or at libreelec forum

Goodluck

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I've carried out what you suggested but still can't load anything onto my TV box, keeps telling me can't locate files and partitioning, what ever that means.

I think it's either a new tv box or firestick....

Comment

make sure the sd card is formatted

Comment

Did you manage to get it working?

Comment

No, still no joy.
              I loaded the files M8_2017 T8V1_v3.4.0 matricomboot.img

All loaded onto the SD card, then carried out the tooth pick start up, you can see from the attached photo nothing happened.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,
                If I can't resolve this problem, whats the best to buy, either another Android TV box or a firestick?

Comment

Originally posted by david2749 View Post
                  Hi,
                  If I can't resolve this problem, whats the best to buy, either another Android TV box or a firestick?
                  Have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkEMF8ozgo&t=14s

I have CD ROM for S812 but not S802.

Comment

Thanks for the link, do any of these come pre loaded? I'd probably go for the mid range priced one

Comment

Thanks for the link, do any of these come pre loaded? I'd probably go for the mid range priced one
                      Thry would be preloaded with Kodi but not the sddons. Ask the question before buying it. Nvidia Shield is the best box sround for sometime now. Good luck.

Comment

hmm...
                        if you just seek kodi....why not install libreelec on the s802?
                        (I did on my s802.. running libreelec 9/leila)

or

​​*cut power cord
                        *hold reset button
                        *connect power cord
                        *wait 10 sec.... release reset button

cheers
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Hi
                          Thank you for your reply, I've viewed the web site you suggested, what version do I select?

Comment

No, still no joy.
                            I loaded the files M8_2017 T8V1_v3.4.0 matricomboot.img

All loaded onto the SD card, then carried out the tooth pick start up, you can see from the attached photo nothing happened.
                            I recovered my M8S from this :

This is Tutorial on how to Un-Brick AMlogic S802 MX3, MXiii M8s 2GB RAM . If your android box is completely bricked hopefully this should help. Please check...

My board read following: M8 V8_8 20150923.

It recovered my box back to Android 4.4 vers. I put on MyGica and is working great with 17.3 Kodi.

Unable to find an update to 5.1 Lollipop yet. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X