Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K Youtube

Hi,

Is there any Android boxes that play 4k youtube instead of boxes that have android tv os installed. I don't really care if it can play netflix 1080p, more interested in 4k youtube or even 720p youtube. I'm look for a good 3g or 4g ram s912 or even a rockchip.

Thanks

Hmm...
    You need a drm1 widevine...hdcp 2.2 box and compatible tv/monitor
    But that's not enough... on a cheap box you need to spoof a high grade device
    IYBP from xda forum can do that (its a youtube client) also has option HDR and 2160p
    But HDR results are not good in my testing...

Or just buy a nvidia shield.. offcourse

Cheers

Comment

Donno, cuz I haz only a 1080p 65" RPD DLP, when viewing 4k it is noticeably crisp and very detailed over 1080p content. Right up there with blurry. But, when testing with 12k through youtube the image looks as if i am looking through a window. The only thing to make it closer to real life is using the latest 3D tech but not too overly 3D, as most all 3D content ever made is too fake for my tastes. With the proper lighting (dusk) the images look 3D as the details are very very sharp.

i don't think i could get that without a proper decode from YouTube 1080p down converted source. So i guess any properly setup box can get max resolution using YouTube ATV. Never tried standard YouTube since i don't like switching to mouse much, or use YouTube much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Hmm...
        You need a drm1 widevine...hdcp 2.2 box and compatible tv/monitor
        But that's not enough... on a cheap box you need to spoof a high grade device
        IYBP from xda forum can do that (its a youtube client) also has option HDR and 2160p
        But HDR results are not good in my testing...

Or just buy a nvidia shield.. offcourse

Cheers
        He is asking about 4k YouTube, and not 4k Netflix. I was confuse at first myself. 4k YouTube runs on most of these newer boxes, even with Widevine Level 3.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

hmm?
          i was taking about YouTube 4k (see my review of h6 pro and my HDR attempt )
          *youtube default is 1080 output stream...to get real 4k you need a highgrade phone/tablet/device or a spoof mod (iybp)

anyway.. the mecool km8 also seems to support YouTube 4k (Google certified it says)

but I do agree...
          3d , 5.1 and HDR... alot of content seems fake... perhaps YouTube converts it...losing a lot of its bling bling
          *does the android YouTube even support 5.1 audio? or pass through

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
            hmm?
            i was taking about YouTube 4k (see my review of h6 pro and my HDR attempt )
            *youtube default is 1080 output stream...to get real 4k you need a highgrade phone/tablet/device or a spoof mod (iybp)

anyway.. the mecool km8 also seems to support YouTube 4k (Google certified it says)

but I do agree...
            3d , 5.1 and HDR... alot of content seems fake... perhaps YouTube converts it...losing a lot of its bling bling
            *does the android YouTube even support 5.1 audio? or pass through

cheers
            I just tested YouTube on my 2 year old X9 Amlogic S905X box and it is playing in 4k..... I don't think they play in DD, but I could be wrong.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

He is asking about 4k YouTube, and not 4k Netflix. I was confuse at first myself. 4k YouTube runs on most of these newer boxes, even with Widevine Level 3.
              Yes, not YouTube. I know Netflix needs the dmr1/widevine to run HD. Wasn’t sure if there was something needed for youtube 4K. I seen this on videostrong website about being the first box to run YouTube4k. I just don’t want to buy a box android box and then the YouTube HD breaks just like what’s been happening with Netflix HD on the M8S pro l boxes.

I’m looking for a non android tv os box that runs YouTube in HD with 3g or more ram and good WiFi.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post

Yes, not YouTube. I know Netflix needs the dmr1/widevine to run HD. Wasn’t sure if there was something needed for youtube 4K. I seen this on videostrong website about being the first box to run YouTube4k. I just don’t want to buy a box android box and then the YouTube HD breaks just like what’s been happening with Netflix HD on the M8S pro l boxes.

I’m looking for a non android tv os box that runs YouTube in HD with 3g or more ram and good WiFi.

Thanks
                The key words in your statement, is **good WiFi**. Most of these boxes have *crap* wireless reception. Even my newest box the KM8, with an external antenna, has a crap WiFi reception, but I always use Ethernet.

Comment

The key words in your statement, is **good WiFi**. Most of these boxes have *crap* wireless reception. Even my newest box the KM8, with an external antenna, has a crap WiFi reception, but I always use Ethernet.
                  My Zoomtak has good 5g WiFi. But doesn’t play YouTube in HD.

Comment

That's odd... my M8S Pro-C mini got 120mbps download spead, which is the max of my provision.

My H96 Pro+ which has the same 9377 chipset also gets 120mbps, as well.

ethernet always will be faster than wifi at same data rate, because ethernet is duplex, read/write simultaneously. Where as wifi isn't, and must stop download data when file system checks data between copied file and it's source. Plus overhead of the wifi packet and security protocols.

Comment

My M8S pro L gets an average of 150mbps WiFi and 90’s Ethernet since it’s only 100m

Comment

This box seems interesting, says it plays youtube 4k. 2018 X99 RK3399 4+32G Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Comment

I just ran a test using the Speedtest by Ookla app, on my Mecool M8S Pro L. Using the 2.4 gz, I got about 2/3 of my 65Gb down and 6 Gb up. On the 5 Gz band I got the full 65/6 Gz. So, I guess the G-band is good. My router is about 30 ft away with a line of sight.

However, all my devices are hard wired with Ethernet cables.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                            This box seems interesting, says it plays youtube 4k. 2018 X99 RK3399 4+32G Android 7.1.2 Nougat
                            Be very leary about these Rockchip boxes, do your research.

Comment

Be very leary about these Rockchip boxes, do your research.
                              Ok thanks. Those chips aren't too reliable?

Comment

Working...
                              X