Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a command to change cvbs mode setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a command to change cvbs mode setting?

I have a MXQ Pro Quick Play (Amlogic S905). My Xfinity app doesn't allow for HDMI viewing, but it can be viewed via composite video. In order for that to happen I must disconnect the HDMI cable, which then automatically shifts the MXQ from hdmi mode to cvbs mode.

However, in cvbs mode, MXQ defaults to 576cvbs, which scrambles the picture, so I have to change it to 480cvbs. I know how to do this via a several-step manual process, but it's not intuitive and a bit of a pain.

I was hoping there might be a simple command via adb/SSH to make the change from 576 to 480. I've seen online postings for hdmi settings using the "wm" command, but nothing for cvbs.

Also, is it possible to change the default MXQ startup settings so it defaults to 480 in cvbs mode? That would really be the most efficient way.

Yep, I did a write up for developers to disable it. I found the setting in the build.prop, which will fix some HDMI issues with connectivity on some apps.

would help you on getting Xfinity TV app to run in HDMI, but I am not sure if I will get banned.

Comment

Thanks - I found the Xfinity app mod. But is there a command for adjusting cvbs immediately or a default setting I can change? I looked in build.prop but couldn't find anything other than under uboot settings.

Comment

Yep, you found it... just make sure it is not remarked out and set to disabled

also you can add

#Open cvbs output mode
        ro.amlogic.has.CvbsOutput=false
        ro.video.deinterlace.enable=false
        ro.platform.has.cvbsmode=false

Comment

So, here are (what I believe to be) the relevant lines which are currently in my build.prop file:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ubootenv.var.outputmode=
          ubootenv.var.cvbsmode=

#Open cvbs output mode
          ro.amlogic.has.CvbsOutput=false
          ro.video.deinterlace.enable=false
          ro.platform.has.cvbsmode=false
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>

For the two uboot.env variables, I entered "480cvbs" (minus the quotes), and nothing changed. What do I need to change to have 480cvbs be the default instead of 576?

Comment

Not sure but them environment variables are not used when disabling it by adding the lines below.

I thought you wanted to disable completely, as I had to disable them for proper HDMI and DTS decode for some apps.

also I am not sure about the variables used, you may have to search online to make sure the variables are proper. You may need to set it to 640x480 or 640,480 or NTSC or what ever that is proper for each variable you edited.

my TV can automatically adjust for 480/576, with 60fps/50fps and 30fps/25fps, because of the PC input option.

Comment

So I tried them as written (all with values of false), and no changes occurred. It didn't disable cvbs, and whatever resolution number I put in for cvbsmode (480 or 576) made no difference. It seems that my box gets/changes its video settings from elsewhere, and that the only way I can change the resolution is via the UI.
              Last edited by jamaroney; 08-21-2018, 00:32.

Comment

Working...
              X