This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet connection

I have a Cloudnetgo CR9 running Neomode's 1.3 rom. Everything is working nicely except the USB-Ethernet adaptor. The adaptor is a RD9700 device that I've tested as working on my laptop. I am aware of the limitations of this adaptor (e.g. speed) but I am working in a remote location and speed is not really a concern - I just need a basic ethernet connection to allow me to connect to the construction camp network.

When I plug it in, the adaptor appears to be recognised because a MAC address is displayed in the Ethernet settings screen. When I unplug it the ethernet switch on the settings screen turns to "off" and when it is reinserted the switch turns back to "on".

It doesn't seem to register that it's on a network though - the IP address, subnet etc fields are blank and trying to browse the web brings no result. I've tried setting a static IP without success. I have no idea if the camp network allows a static IP or what is acceptable, so I used settings (IP address, DHCP server, subnet etc) that my laptop was using when it was plugged into the network as a starting point.

I've tried various combinations of plugging the adaptor in first, then the ethernet cable and vice-versa. With and without wifi turned on. Before and after the CR9 is booted.

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get onto the network? Are there any tools that I can use to diagnose network problems and force an IP address renew (similar to windows ipconfig)?
    thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130911_213311.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	438613

Unlike Windows, Android will only request and assign an IP address to the Ethernet interface once the Wi-Fi has been disabled.

Alternatively, TP-Link sell the TL-WR700N portable Wi-Fi access points, either with an integrate US power adapter or without.

Comment

Just to ressurect and close out this topic - I've just received and tried a new LAN adaptor based on the AX8872B chipset and its working perfectly. I guess the RD9700 was the issue.

Sent from my MK802IV using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X