Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 Pro Plus v6 WeChip with no HDMI video. Bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attach a photo of your board from both sides

Comment

How to Fix a broken Amlogic m8(s802), mxq(s805), m8s(s812), mxq pro(s905) TV boxIf your TV box is not responding to firmware upgrades or is bricked (blank sc...

Amlogic Burning Tool - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tnoEx2QBVDuG7W4RuVbggFF8ojwi2uYdMirror - https://mirrorace.com/m/sB4YRom that fixed my x96 - https:/...

Comment

I'm encouraged that I got a device connection in the USB burning tool. But discouraged that I had to unplug the USB cable and now I get nothing.

btw - I think burn card maker is how I got into this trouble in the first place so I do not want to use it again. I'm sticking with usb burn tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergy View Post
          I'm encouraged that I got a device connection in the USB burning tool. But discouraged that I had to unplug the USB cable and now I get nothing.
          Hi ,

when u are connected & the FW is loaded & all settings are right , u only have to press start & wait till ready ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Oh yeah I know! But I can't get connected again. Was a 1 shot deal. Maybe a PC reboot...

The issue when it connected before was that I wasn't in recovery because I didn't press the reset button. So I unplugged, pressed rest, and have never got connected again.
            Last edited by Cybergy; 08-29-2018, 15:28.

Comment

Red is a bad colour. What does this mean?

EDI - nvm - I noticed the license folder is gone in the 2.0.9 install but still needs the mac ini file.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Honest to God I've read through so many posts on using the usb burning tool. Each one slightly different and not a single one works.

It's crazy in here.

Comment

In this way, I restored my TV prefix. This is the only way to restore the brick. Lay out the photo of the board is really difficult. To determine the firmware version.
                  1. Before you plug the USB flash drive into the USB port, you need to close the 29 and 30 pins of the memory chip, for example, with a thick needle (this combination may not work on your flash drive, so try closing . It is necessary to close very carefully, so as not to get to the outputs

upplying the memory chip (pin 37).
                  Closure of the twenty-ninth and thirtieth output of the memory chip in the 48-pin TSOP1

2. Then, without breaking the contacts, plug the USB flash drive into the USB port (do not use the front panel ports!).
                  After determining the flash drive in the system to open the terminals (almost immediately open after connection - ie do not hold). In this case, the flash drive will be visible in Windows and will be available in the firmware. At this point, without disconnecting the flash from the port, you need to start working with the utility designed for this controller.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen that method too but I don't have a TSOP1 chip or anything similar.

This has been a huge waste of time. So many solutions but none of them apply to me.

Comment

PHOTOS OF BOARD BOX TELL ME I WILL SHOW YOU THIS CHIP

Comment

Well I found the chip. Shorted 29-30, plugged in pwr, waited 2-3 secs. No go.

Honestly i I think I’d rather buy a new box than waste another day with this garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergy View Post
                          Well I found the chip. Shorted 29-30, plugged in pwr, waited 2-3 secs. No go.

Honestly i I think I’d rather buy a new box than waste another day with this garbage.
                          Download a different version of the USB Burning Tool and install it. It will re-install the drivers. That has worked for me sometimes. I have swapped firmwares on different boxes dozens and dozens of times.........
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Download a different version of the USB Burning Tool and install it. It will re-install the drivers.
                            I tried 2.0.8, 2.0.9, 2.1.6 of the Burning Tool on both Windows 7 & 10. I made my own USB male-male cable. Followed probably 4-5 different sets of steps to burn it properly but nothing. All the steps were similar but different in often minute details like press button, don't press button, plug into PC second, plug into PC first, etc. I tried every single h96 USB port (including the ones blocked off by the case)

If I had not got that one connection early on today I never would have continued, but it ended up with a quick error on that flash and then never connected again.

I've flashed all kinds of tablets but never had this kind of difficulty. I just don't have another day to spend on this PoS. I do believe it's not dead, but I don't have the resources to continue. I can't do it.

Comment

As a last resort, create a LibreELEC bootable micro SD card. While your box is connected to your TV, pull the power plug. Insert the micro SD card that you have the bootable LibreELEC OS on it. Deep press the reset button on your box and hold it while you reconnected the power plug. Count to 15 then then remove the paperclip that is depressing your reset button on your box.
                              If you are lucky, you will be running LibreELEC.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I like LibreElec.

Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X