Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New hardware mk808/mk808b clone. blue HTC board anyone seen this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hardware mk808/mk808b clone. blue HTC board anyone seen this before?

i bought this mk808 on **** the other week, it came from hong kong. well it is advertised as an mk808, but it is an mk808b clone i think. however i cant find an image of this hardware model anywhere so i thought i would post some photos hereto see if anyone has seen this model yet? im brand new on the forum, only because i have encountered something to contribute.
    it has an rk3066 dual core with elpida j4216 set, hynix memory on the back of the board, the board is blue and has htc_1011 printed on the board between the elpida chips. it has only one wifi antenna. i ap pretty sure it is a different model. photos:

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

want to add:

finless mk808b rom works, but bluetooth does not and wifi is unstable. finless mk808b clone 1.7 gives 2 linux penguins. tried the geekbuying stock fw for mk808b clone and it failed...no wifi/bt. trying hybrid 1080p kernel next, then mk808b minixhfw 720p. frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas craddock View Post
      tried the geekbuying stock fw for mk808b clone and it failed...no wifi/bt. trying hybrid 1080p kernel next, then mk808b minixhfw 720p. frustrating.
      If you are try geekbuying for original MK808B and does not works, try fw with Mediatek wifi/bt chip not RK903.

Comment

this is a weird mk808b something...?

Originally posted by Adainair View Post
        If you are try geekbuying for original MK808B and does not works, try fw with Mediatek wifi/bt chip not RK903.
        if you look at the wifi it is a broadcom ap6210. that is the wifi that comes with the quad core 908 & the tronsmart t428. on the box it says mk808, but the flashy red rk3066 2core + 4gpu addition to the box smelled fishy when i opened the chinese tape/bubblewrap package. this is ultimately why i posted here. i have been building & using multiple droid sticks. (they happen to be snazzy & cool.) i cant find anything like this stick on the net. i got a link to mk808.com from the guy who sold it to me in hong kong, lame & useless...

in conclusion: it has a rockchip 3066 dual core cpu, broadcom ap6210 wifi, and elpida video memory??????? to repeat, the box just says mk808, but it has bluetooth, so it must be a mk808b hybrid? that no one has seen? i can not find it on the forums here on freaktab either.
        the minix neox5 rom worked because it ran on a broadcom chip too. wifi comes in 65mbps @ 15 feet from router. got lucky with the driver....

all in all, it is a definite hardware upgrade from the mk808 & mk808b in my opinion. i hope there will be enough of them to cause a developer to create a hardware specific custom firmware. who knows, might get lucky.

basically, what i would like to see is a 1080p kernel, 4.2.2, rooted, working bluetooth, maybe overclocked, & some bloatware vaporization.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas craddock View Post
          if you look at the wifi it is a broadcom ap6210. that is the wifi that comes with the quad core 908 & the tronsmart t428. on the box it says mk808, but the flashy red rk3066 2core + 4gpu addition to the box smelled fishy when i opened the chinese tape/bubblewrap package. this is ultimately why i posted here. i have been building & using multiple droid sticks. (they happen to be snazzy & cool.) i cant find anything like this stick on the net. i got a link to mk808.com from the guy who sold it to me in hong kong, lame & useless...

in conclusion: it has a rockchip 3066 dual core cpu, broadcom ap6210 wifi, and elpida video memory??????? to repeat, the box just says mk808, but it has bluetooth, so it must be a mk808b hybrid? that no one has seen? i can not find it on the forums here on freaktab either.
          the minix neox5 rom worked because it ran on a broadcom chip too. wifi comes in 65mbps @ 15 feet from router. got lucky with the driver....

all in all, it is a definite hardware upgrade from the mk808 & mk808b in my opinion. i hope there will be enough of them to cause a developer to create a hardware specific custom firmware. who knows, might get lucky.

basically, what i would like to see is a 1080p kernel, 4.2.2, rooted, working bluetooth, maybe overclocked, & some bloatware vaporization.
          I received this unit as well, and my unit/experience/box matches what you describe. I picked it up on **** from a seller listing it as an MK808b "US STOCK". The item shipped from Missouri and arrived on time. The box was *slightly* different than the box I received with my MK808b from GeekBuying a few weeks earlier, but very very similar. The GeekBuying MK808b box says "4.1 Android" and "WiFi Dual Antenna" on the front. The 'clone' says "4.x Android" and "WiFi Antenna". On the back the picture of the unit is slightly different (the logo/text), the description doesn't have a line item for Bluetooth, the OS is listed as "Android 4.x" and the green on the two boxes is a slightly different shade.

This MK808b uses the AP6210 wifi chip, and has a single antenna on the inside of the case. I also noticed the blue PCB, as well as a small green ROHS sticker, and some sort of factory sticker most likely related to MFR date. Underneath that sticker I found the text "TEAN E120339" and some other numbers printed on the pcb. The CPU is covered by a heatsink like my other MK808b, and I have not explored what is under it. There is a Hynix flash chip and another IC labeled T659102, which I think is a TI power management IC.

Like you, I'm using the Minix Neo X5 rom for now. I think there may have been another post about this board on Freaktab, but I can't find it at the moment. I have a feeling we will see more of these units in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by walter View Post
            I received this unit as well, and my unit/experience/box matches what you describe. I picked it up on **** from a seller listing it as an MK808b "US STOCK". The item shipped from Missouri and arrived on time. The box was *slightly* different than the box I received with my MK808b from GeekBuying a few weeks earlier, but very very similar. The GeekBuying MK808b box says "4.1 Android" and "WiFi Dual Antenna" on the front. The 'clone' says "4.x Android" and "WiFi Antenna". On the back the picture of the unit is slightly different (the logo/text), the description doesn't have a line item for Bluetooth, the OS is listed as "Android 4.x" and the green on the two boxes is a slightly different shade.

This MK808b uses the AP6210 wifi chip, and has a single antenna on the inside of the case. I also noticed the blue PCB, as well as a small green ROHS sticker, and some sort of factory sticker most likely related to MFR date. Underneath that sticker I found the text "TEAN E120339" and some other numbers printed on the pcb. The CPU is covered by a heatsink like my other MK808b, and I have not explored what is under it. There is a Hynix flash chip and another IC labeled T659102, which I think is a TI power management IC.

Like you, I'm using the Minix Neo X5 rom for now. I think there may have been another post about this board on Freaktab, but I can't find it at the moment. I have a feeling we will see more of these units in the future.
            Can you link me to said rom? I got one of these as well, and my current rom doesn't support the BT/Wifi apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by D168 View Post
              Can you link me to said rom? I got one of these as well, and my current rom doesn't support the BT/Wifi apparently...
              The problem with the rom I'm currently using is that even though WiFi works, the connection is extremely slow/unreliable. I didn't notice this with the stock rom (which... I did not back up, unfortunately).

I found a few other threads mentioning this unit, and they have links to 'factory' images for it. I'm going to try them later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can get full WiFi back.

See here, Post #70 by Fabiop for a link to what may be the factory firmware (I have not verified it on my unit) - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ify-them/page4

Comment

Originally posted by walter View Post
                The problem with the rom I'm currently using is that even though WiFi works, the connection is extremely slow/unreliable. I didn't notice this with the stock rom (which... I did not back up, unfortunately).

I found a few other threads mentioning this unit, and they have links to 'factory' images for it. I'm going to try them later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can get full WiFi back.

See here, Post #70 by Fabiop for a link to what may be the factory firmware (I have not verified it on my unit) - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ify-them/page4
                hi guys im currently researching a way to use finless bobs rom flash tool as a means of getting the driver for the broadcom wifi to load with a cfw. currently i have met with moderate success using finless 1.7 rom and minix neo rom. i found a rom for the mk908 that had the driver on a separate .img file, im not much of a programmer. but i will find a way. one way or another.

Comment

I have the same one. tried some firmware found on baidu.com, but they do not work correctly(no BT). other ROMs did not work or I did something wrong. Then I wrote the seller asking for a firmware update, because WiFi was working bad and BT was weak.

I got some firmware and flashed it succesfuly. I wil try it and write a review. the new firmware comes from Dropbox, not from baidu.com.

Also I have found RK3066_R-Box.7z and rkwifi20130819.7z files with SDK and drivers. If someone knows how to build a AOSP ROM with it can contact me.

update_mk808b_402j1402_game.img was working great with 4.1.1 but it had no BT functionality.

EDIT:
                  So I have tried the firmware from the seller, but unfortunately WiFi and BT do not work at all!!! need to contact the seller again.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2013, 21:08.

Comment

Found the right firmware!!

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

This ROM is Rooted!
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2013, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by neblogas View Post
                      Found the right firmware!!

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

This ROM is Rooted!
                      The link is death. Is it possibile to upload. Thanks Leider kein Download möglich.

Comment

Originally posted by bachhaupten View Post
                        The link is death. Is it possibile to upload. Thanks Leider kein Download möglich.

It would be great if somebody could create a custom ROM with better WIFI and BT.

Comment

any news regarding this mk808b version?
                          actually my wireless reception is excellent

any custom rom working? which version of xbmc are you using people the one with hw accelaraiton or the xaf?

Comment

With every ROM I have WIFI and BT problems. WIFI works but looses connection, BT is crap.

Comment

since the wifi and bt is an ap6210 and mk802IV uses the same chip is it possible to use the drivers of this rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0176#post80176 and compile them in a custom rom so we can finally have the wifi and bt working correctly?

Comment

Working...
                              X