Pipo X1 TV Stick RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X1 TV Stick RileyROM 1.0

Pipo has only produced one TV stick, and although I always wanted to do a ROM for it, I haven't until now because the firmware wasn't posted on the official Pipo site.

Thanks to user Kunar1, I was able to download a version of the firmware.

I don't have this TV Stick, so I haven't tested it. All I've done are the usual basics:

Root
    Init.d support
    Busybox support
    Expanded Ext4 file system
    2 or 4gb user app space choices

Boot animation art by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash Tool by Finless
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Download

Enjoy!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

I accidentally got this in the wrong forum...it's now moved to RK3066 devices.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Anyone give me instructions on how to do this please?

Comment

Sorry for the delay...I've been thinking about this.

Since I don't physically have one of these sticks to look at.

Here's the usual sequence:

Read the First Time User's Guide PDF file included in the ROM kit. Follow the procedure to get the Rockchip drivers installed on your PC.

Once you have the driver installed, run the Flash Tool as Administrator.

Connect the USB cable to a USB 2.0 port on your PC.

There should be an external button on the TV Stick. Hold down that button while connecting the USB to the device. The Flash Tool should recognize the device in "Loader Mode".

First click the erase IDB button on the Flash Tool. Wait until it's done.

Then wait a few seconds and then click the Flash ROM button.

Once the device is flashed, it will reboot into recovery to format the partitions and it will then boot into the system.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Sorry for the delay...I've been thinking about this.

Since I don't physically have one of these sticks to look at.

Here's the usual sequence:

Read the First Time User's Guide PDF file included in the ROM kit. Follow the procedure to get the Rockchip drivers installed on your PC.

Once you have the driver installed, run the Flash Tool as Administrator.

Connect the USB cable to a USB 2.0 port on your PC.

There should be an external button on the TV Stick. Hold down that button while connecting the USB to the device. The Flash Tool should recognize the device in "Loader Mode".

First click the erase IDB button on the Flash Tool. Wait until it's done.

Then wait a few seconds and then click the Flash ROM button.

Once the device is flashed, it will reboot into recovery to format the partitions and it will then boot into the system.

Thanks a lot m8, do I need to root it first?

Comment

No, the stick will be rooted when you are done.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              No, the stick will be rooted when you are done.
              ok thanks m8

Comment

Working...
              X