New CX-919 Rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CX-919 Rebooting

I need help I bought my first Andriod device CX-919 I opened it up connected to the TV. I enabled Wifi and ethernet now it just reboots and flashes with 4 linux penguiin in the top left hand corner.

Note I did not mean to enable ethernet so nothing is connected with ethernet

Please help

should I try to flash to 4.22

Comment

well tried upgrading it and it still just reboots over and over again. I think I got a bad one...How do I get it back to factory firmware so I can return it.

Comment

Originally posted by john6969 View Post
        well tried upgrading it and it still just reboots over and over again. I think I got a bad one...How do I get it back to factory firmware so I can return it.

You should be able to put it in flash mode and then reflash the firmware using the RkBatchtool.

smithmal

Comment

OK located RKBATchTool.exe what file do I put on to go back to orignal Rom..

also does this sound like the cx-919 is bad it keeps rebooting this happened before and after upgrading.

I had this issue after modding the cx-919. I was unable to fix this
          Last edited by john6969; 09-19-2013, 14:02.

Comment

OK located RKBATchTool.exe what file do I put on to go back to orignal Rom..

also does this sound like the cx-919 is bad it keeps rebooting this happened before and after upgrading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIozLqMKyU
            John,

That actually looks like a bad flash occurred. When I had a "lemon" my stick would boot into the OS and then randomly reboot.

You want to make sure when flashing with the RKBatchtool that you do an "EraseIDB" to create a nice read/write environment for the ROM to be written to. Did you do this when flashing your stick?

The DL link for the latest Geekbuying firmware (I think) is located in this thread. It's been a while since I've flashed it, but I'm pretty sure I used RKBatchtool instead of RKAndroidtool. Regardless, if when you download the file, you just get an image file, then you should use RKBatchtool to flash. If the firmware is packed where there are several folders present upon an unzip, then you would use the RKAndroidtool. If RKAndroidtool is necessary, it should come with the firmware pack. Since the dev packed the utility with the firmware components, the RKBatchtool will also be pre-configured so that you don't have to tell the utility where to find the different firmware components (image, kernel, recovery, etc.). Make sure you do an "EraseIDB" before flashing new firmware using the RKAndroidtool.

smithmal

Comment

WOW somewhat confused..I would like to do a teamviewer sesson with you so I can go over it.

This CX-919 was rebooting even before I flashed it. Started after I enable wifi and ethernet.

IF I flash back to orignal Rom and I didn't back it up should I use in FinlessRom folder recovery.img

Comment

WOW somewhat confused..I would like to do a teamviewer sesson with you so I can go over it.

This CX-919 was rebooting even before I flashed it. Started after I enable wifi and ethernet.

IF I flash back to orignal Rom and I didn't back it up should I use in FinlessRom folder recovery.img

John,

I sent you a PM.

smithmal

Comment

Hi, I had same problem when I was powering device prom USB on TV. Are you using power adapter or USB from TV?

Comment

I had to RMA it got my new one and it is working. My only issue now is streaming from my local network
                    MKV files don't run smooth, espn3 is poor and my vulkano picture Sucks.

Note vulkano is like a slingbox

Comment

rebooting

hello i have the same problem my cx-919 ll android 4.2 rebooting every min i tried tv usb and outlet and still rebooting i just got it today this product .i got it from aliexpress . plz some one can help me with this issue thanks

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by malditango View Post
                        hello i have the same problem my cx-919 ll android 4.2 rebooting every min i tried tv usb and outlet and still rebooting i just got it today this product .i got it from aliexpress . plz some one can help me with this issue thanks

I have the exact issue with my cx919II, which got delivered yesterday, brought from aliexpress
                        I ran Antutu benchmark and the device crashed in between. Since then, it boots up, shows a distorted animation of google TV and then reboots. Occassionally it would go upto the homescreen(a distorted one) but stays there for only a couple of secs and then again reboots.

I think, while running the benchmark, somehow the GPU got damaged(perhaps a faulty one), because while in recovery, it never crashes. Only when it shows animations or goes upto the homescreen, it crashes and reboots.

I have tried the following ROMS, it continues to crash at the boot animation, or the homescreen.
                        finless 1.6a
                        finless 1.6a with custom kernel
                        EnyTech-EKD03_rk3188_dongel_ap6210_130918_EN_root.img
                        Update_bt919_rk3188_dongle_ap6210_131123

Comment

Hi there i had the same problem did u manage to fix it? Just before i throw mine out thanks

Comment

Can u help me fix this same problem with mine?

Comment

Working...
                            X