Amazon Prime Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime Video

Do you know any way to see Amazon prime video on our meecoll KIII pro?

Won't work due to lack of DRM (Microsoft Playready DRM) i guess. I have the same problem on m8s pro. Don't know if this could be solved by software update or who to contact.

Comment

Via Amazon Vod addon on Kodi.

Comment

Thanks, Amazon Prime Video via Kodi 18 addon is working on M8S Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fiercebird View Post
          Thanks, Amazon Prime Video via Kodi 18 addon is working on M8S Pro
          Can u play 4k from amazon?

Comment

No, I don't think so

Comment

I getting Amazon Video to work in Kodi but it didn't work. It gives me a vod error. I followed these instructions below. What am i doing wrong?

Watch "WATCH AMAZON PRIME IN KODI/ANDROID ADDON 17.3 17.4 KRYPTON 2017" on YouTube

Comment

Thanks! I found a nice tutorial and will try again tomorrow. I will admit, dont use Kodi so this is new.

Comment

Android 6.0 version 2.0 Download Version 2.0 Android 6.0 from 4 July 2017: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-t2-c-t3628727 - it is about halfway down the page and the download takes over an hour - but is is free . I have a Mecool kiii pro and it does NOT play Netflix or Prime Video- the method that did work was to flash the Android 6.0 version ( link above) and it does work now- what is crazy is that I had DRM L1 , but again it would not play Prime or Netflix. I have. Yoka Pro 7.1.1 ( with DRM L 3) and it has always played Netflix and Prime) - so I took a chance that Android 6.0 with DRM L3 would work on mecool kiii pro
                Last edited by Rodger; 01-30-2019, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodger View Post

Android 6.0 version 2.0 Download Version 2.0 Android 6.0 from 4 July 2017:https://yadi.sk/d/7EGVj7Dg3KjTWW I have a Mecool kiii pro and it does NOT play Netflix or Prime Video- the method that did work was to flash the Android 6.0 version ( link above) and it does work now- what is crazy is that I had RDM L1 , but again it would not play Prime or Netflix. I have. Yoka Pro 7.1.1 ( with DRM L 3) and it has always played Netflix and Prime) - so I took a chance that Android 6.0 with DRM L3 would work on mecool kiii pro
                  The link is dead. Besides did the Mecool M8S Pro L (Android TV version) ever come with 6.0 installed ? Which box are you talking about anyway?

Comment

For Jadesse ( sorry did not find a way to reply to you directly)
                    I have a Mecool Kiii Pro - the stange thing that worked was Android 6 with a DRM of L3 ( I know that is NOT supposed to work . I have a Yako B2 pro with DRM L3 and it too works for Prime Video and Netflix

this is where I found the link for my Mecool Kiii pro ( obviously you will need another ROM)

You can find it ( Android 6 for Mecool Kiii Pro) about halfway down the page - also the download takes a couple of hours - but it is free
                    Only KIII Pro DVB-S2/T2/C I'm sorry - translating Google translator. What's added, changed and deleted: The standard launcher (which is loaded when the device is turned on) has been changed and the Russian language has been added. Built-in...

Comment

Any news to play Amazon Prime Video on Mecool M8S Pro L(B)?
                      Couldn't run in Kodi withsandmanns79 add-on. But that's also no alternative for me, because I'm running VPN for Kodi. So Amazon via Kodi add-on also behind VPN...

Would be nice if a "normal" APK could handle this. Best choice would be Android TV APK.

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you want to use Amazon Prime, you'll have to get a new device.

Originally posted by XPM View Post
                      Any news to play Amazon Prime Video on Mecool M8S Pro L(B)?
                      Couldn't run in Kodi withsandmanns79 add-on. But that's also no alternative for me, because I'm running VPN for Kodi. So Amazon via Kodi add-on also behind VPN...

Would be nice if a "normal" APK could handle this. Best choice would be Android TV APK.
                      If any of us want to use streaming platforms, like netflix ou amazon prime video, we must seek boxes with google widevine L1 and Microsoft playready (two important
                      Digital Rights Managemen [DRM]. Fire sticks from amazon, xiaomi boxes (international ones, with android TV), some ROKU, WETEK boxes, nVidia shield tv box, apple boxes, those are examples of propper boxes for streaming from netflix and amazon prime video.

Comment

Originally posted by Koplinjp View Post

If any of us want to use streaming platforms, like netflix ou amazon prime video, we must seek boxes with google widevine L1 and Microsoft playready (two important
                        Digital Rights Managemen [DRM]. Fire sticks from amazon, xiaomi boxes (international ones, with android TV), some ROKU, WETEK boxes, nVidia shield tv box, apple boxes, those are examples of propper boxes for streaming from netflix and amazon prime video.
                        Mecool M8S Pro L had widevine level 1, but not Microsoft Playready... IMO Microsoft Playready is new.

Comment

Originally posted by Koplinjp View Post

I thaought about getting a xiaomi box but the lack of a LAN port was a deal breaker.I already have a couple of Firesticks and a Roku. However they are slow and lack storage. Can someone suggest another Android TV box that will work witn Amazon Prime? I would really like to get away from using multiple devices.

Comment

Working...
                          X