Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minixforums

Hi.

I wonder if someone know who Minix Administrator is on http://www.minixforums.com? I have read some posts and i noticed he is very aggresive in the way he answer to users and not very friendly at all.

To answer your question (or not as it happens). The impression I get is that the Admins on that Forum appear to work for Minix?

I'm not sure what's going on that forum, but I almost bought an X7 earlier in the week until I joined that forum. Now I don't think I'll ever buy any Minix product ever!

Comment

Originally posted by springtide9 View Post
      To answer your question (or not as it happens). The impression I get is that the Admins on that Forum appear to work for Minix?

I'm not sure what's going on that forum, but I almost bought an X7 earlier in the week until I joined that forum. Now I don't think I'll ever buy any Minix product ever!

I don't get it if he working for Minix and behaves like that? It says Minix Forums - Unofficial but he acts like he working for them and seem to know much about new fw upgrades ect.

Comment

I have noticed "Minix" administrator to be uneven as well. Sometimes not helpful, abrasive with people who hold him accountable (keep asking for solution or clarification). I think there are many things "lost in the translation". Don't even get me started on some of the fanboys/trolls (you know who) who also populate the forum. Well, my x7 just showed up and wondering if I will ever be able to set it up so non-techs in the family can use it as well without a tutorial.

Comment

he should really cut down his coffee intake by several notches (at least I hope that's coffe...) but seem also intrested in perfecting his products so dunno.
          having somebody from minix there that knows the difference between discussing and fighting would help tho.

Comment

Yup, and he's not alone. Very arrogant response to nearly all users. I have noticed a lot of users throwing a lot of time there giving feedback that can be used for improving the X7, but most of the time it seems like they are defending the current code rather then actually concentrating on what the people extracted from their purchased X7 and use it for their good.

The forum, even though linked directly from www.minix.com.hk, is Unofficial, but you will notice the admin responding a lot with "We are...", it is confusing, that statement shouts responsibility, and yet it is unofficial.

Nevertheless, they should use the client anger and forward it to RockChip, the more documents are opened up, the better roms we'll get.

Comment

That forum is a joke. It's supposed to be there to help people... but it does the opposite.

The age old question is always about displaying 1080p - either via a native app or via XMBC. Now anyone who reads the various forums knows that 1080p is problematic, especially with XMBC.

It seems that rather than actually state what is working well and what not so well, it seems the default answer is it's "all working great" - which obviously gets a load of people's backs up who know it's not working.

And don't get me started on that troll. That very bright chap who has been stating 1080p works perfectly, but when cornered and asked about the firmware, turns around and states he's using a 720p kernel and playing 720p video (and then goes on about having poor eyes so can't tell the difference anyway)... before replying to a new post telling people 1080p works flawlessly again.

I have never found any website that managed to do as much anti advertising as that site. It's even funnier if it is being hosted and maintained by Minix, even in an unofficial fashion. You really couldn't make it up!

Comment

The thing is that i don't like a forum with that kind of abuse from Minix admin, and if he indeed works for Minix it is not good for them imo. I have seen someone ask if he indeed works for Minix but he never responded to that. It is in post #20 in link below.

Comment

I saw one of those deleted posts, odd that they wouldn't just reply that he is associated with MINIX if he is. Then again the site is linked to from the MINIX site, he knows all about the products and updates, and even the reason for some designed features being in place. If I had to guess I'd say that he is associated with the company and has been involved with the design and/or strategy closely enough that he just takes criticism personally. He certainly isn't in their sales dept.

As for the troll, I have no idea what is going on there.

Comment

Honestly... this does not belong here. I don't usually support bashing other forums.
                    But we also do not censor here and delete posts.

I am going to move this to Off Topics and leave a redirect for 2 weeks.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Honestly... this does not belong here. I don't usually support bashing other forums.
                      But we also do not censor here and delete posts.

I am going to move this to Off Topics and leave a redirect for 2 weeks.

Bob

Thx Bob, my intention is not to start a flame thread. I just want to know if Minix Admin works for Minix or not.
                      I have also mailed minix support and asked them and according to support he is only a minix "fan" which i personally feel not can be true. This pasted text below is mail conversation.
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...
                      Hi...

I suggest that you go and read this thread in link below. I can tell you that Minix Admin doing a good job ruining Minix trademark being very rude and unplesant to your customers.
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

Sorry for the confuse, Minixforums is not running by official MiniX staff, it was registered by a Minix user… the official forums are www.facebook.com/minixtech and our technical support team can be reached at [email protected]

I am sorry for all the inconvenience to you, can you advise us how can we serve you better and any technical support to make you work on the X7 better.

Best regards
                      Kenny Wu
                      Vice President
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

Thx for reply.

But can you tell me if Minix Administrator work for Minix or is he also only a user? Also you must take actions against Minix Administrator becuse he is damaging your Minix brand.
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

He is not run by us, he is only a minix fans… He just try to answer the question base on what he know… the official reply should be from us. can you give me full details about what you don't like with MiniX 7 and let us help you to serve you directly.

Best regards
                      Kenny Wu
                      Vice President

Comment

Working...
                      X