Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB Camera for the Vega & Skype?any idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Camera for the Vega & Skype?any idea?

Tried 2 cameras and getting only voice call to work with Skype (using the Finless 1.6 ROM).

An older Microsoft VX6000 LifeCam and a newer Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p.

In both cases the microphone on the camera is active but I cannot get a video call to go out from the Vega. Receiving the video from the other end works fine. In the case of the Cinema the camera light comes on and I can get get the Vega to display the camera image by clicking on the "reel" button, but Skype then crashes resulting in a lost call.

Has any one had some luck with a USB Camera and Skype and if so kindly share your setup.

Originally posted by glennbartels View Post
    Tried 2 cameras and getting only voice call to work with Skype (using the Finless 1.6 ROM).

An older Microsoft VX6000 LifeCam and a newer Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p.

In both cases the microphone on the camera is active but I cannot get a video call to go out from the Vega. Receiving the video from the other end works fine. In the case of the Cinema the camera light comes on and I can get get the Vega to display the camera image by clicking on the "reel" button, but Skype then crashes resulting in a lost call.

Has any one had some luck with a USB Camera and Skype and if so kindly share your setup.
    Such old Android OS's don't have working Skype video capabilities, nothing you can do. The Vega device was also discontinued years ago. The cameras will work on newer OS's though, so that means a new device running Nougat, Oreo or Pie.

Comment

oh, thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Such old Android OS's don't have working Skype video capabilities, nothing you can do. The Vega device was also discontinued years ago. The cameras will work on newer OS's though, so that means a new device running Nougat, Oreo or Pie.
        Thank you so much! It's very helpful!

Comment

Working...
        X