Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help i pluged in laptop charger by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help i pluged in laptop charger by mistake!

Hi there i have s905x board, i mistakenly pluged in my laptop charger by mistake and somehow it may have fried my box it started to smoke a bit so i immediately too plug out now when i put its adapter its sometimes blink red sometimes blu sometimes both and sometimes its contant blue light as if its working but theres no hdmi signal on tv. I can see a tiny component bumped may thats the fried thing i would like to know what this component is and if theres a way to fix it.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by veer1238 View Post
    Hi there i have s905x board, i mistakenly pluged in my laptop charger by mistake and somehow it may have fried my box it started to smoke a bit so i immediately too plug out now when i put its adapter its sometimes blink red sometimes blu sometimes both and sometimes its contant blue light as if its working but theres no hdmi signal on tv. I can see a tiny component bumped may thats the fried thing i would like to know what this component is and if theres a way to fix it.

Hi ,

sounds not nice , maybe a new Flash can help , maybe , not sure ,

u only can try , if the PCB has no protection Chips for this , it is for

sure bricked , flash and see what happens , report ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern

Hi ,

sounds not nice , maybe a new Flash can help , maybe , not sure ,

u only can try , if the PCB has no protection Chips for this , it is for

sure bricked , flash and see what happens , report ,

greetings / gefattern
      Do you know what is that bulged component in the picture is? Is it a transistor or capacitor or something else?

Comment

Do you know what is that bulged component in the picture is? Is it a transistor or capacitor or something else?

Hi ,

this happens while cnnecting the wrong Powersupply ??? , dont know , but if defect , your Box is for sure

bricked , only if you can solder a new one to it the Box can be fixed , but i am not really a PCB Pro , think

you have to buy a new one , good luck / gefattern

Comment

The problem is, if you ID and replace that 6 pin component, there is no way of knowing what got passed it before it failed. If the laptop PS was 19 volts or similar, that is a significant overdose of voltage. Many components, like the IR circuit could also be damaged. Problem with over voltage is it may not trip protective circuits until it is too late.
          I feel for you, many have done the same thing, I have seen very few cases where the device was successfully repaired.
          With no schematic to point the way, troubleshooting can be very difficult.
          Not trying to be negative, but replacement of the box might be the smaller headache.

Comment

Thankyou for your help i already have s912 box but just wanted to know if theres anyway i can fix it. I belive it can be reapired only if someone with more pcb experiance can help figuring out that element ! Thanks anyways you guys.
            Originally posted by RISCy Dude
            The problem is, if you ID and replace that 6 pin component, there is no way of knowing what got passed it before it failed. If the laptop PS was 19 volts or similar, that is a significant overdose of voltage. Many components, like the IR circuit could also be damaged. Problem with over voltage is it may not trip protective circuits until it is too late.
            I feel for you, many have done the same thing, I have seen very few cases where the device was successfully repaired.
            With no schematic to point the way, troubleshooting can be very difficult.
            Not trying to be negative, but replacement of the box might be the smaller headache.

Comment

Thankyou for your help i already have s912 box but just wanted to know if theres anyway i can fix it. I belive it can be reapired only if someone with more pcb experiance can help figuring out that element ! Thanks anyways you guys.

Hi ,

good luck with your new Box , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
              X