Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 PRO PLUS freezing up. Google Play Store not working

Hi Guys
    I’m a bit of a newbie with these TV boxes, so there may be something obvious here that I’m missing.
    I bought an Alfawise H96 PRO PLUS TV box a few months ago. After setting it up, it worked somewhat OK but was a bit buggy. On occasion it would suddenly go back to the main menu in the middle of a movie, or get all jammed up (frozen). After a while it refused to boot altogether.
    So after some advice in these forums, I installed the Superceleron Rom with the update. I can boot the box now, and its working somewhat. The problem is that it's still a bit buggy and it freezes here and there. I even installed a bigger heat-sink, but no difference. I think that the main reason for this is Google Play Store and Services. They don't work. I get messages popping up every minute or so that say "Google Play Store keeps stopping" or the same message with Google services. I deleted the cache and data hoping that it would help, but it didn't. I can't sign into Google or do anything else with it. Although I could be totally wrong, I think this is the reason it freezes all the time. Any ideas?

Hello, Just to rule it out, check power supply. A voltage test with a meter will not necessarily reveal a bad power supply. Some check OK voltage wise, but fail to deliver required current. If possible, substitute a suitable power supply. A suitable power supply will have the same Voltage, Amps will be equal or greater than original, TIP POLARITY must be identical to the original, tip needs to be the same physical dimensions.

Comment

Thank you for responding. I know a lot of people recommend getting a bigger power supply, but out of curiosity, if the power supply didn't deliver enough amps, wouldn't it overheat and burn out? Also, would that affect problems with Google Play Store?
      I looked around in my boxes for a 2 - 3 Amp power supply (which are not common - they are usually in the mA and 1000ma max). I don't have. I don't think I would want to spend money on one if I didn't know for sure it would help. I'd rather buy a different TV box (perhaps the X92). Either way, I'm still open for more suggestions. Thanks again
      Last edited by megavolt; 10-07-2018, 07:40.

Comment

Originally posted by megavolt View Post
        Thank you for responding. I know a lot of people recommend getting a bigger power supply, but out of curiosity, if the power supply didn't deliver enough amps, wouldn't it overheat and burn out? Also, would that affect problems with Google Play Store?
        I looked around in my boxes for a 2 - 3 Amp power supply (which are not common - they are usually in the mA and 1000ma max). I don't have. I don't think I would want to spend money on one if I didn't know for sure it would help. I'd rather buy a different TV box (perhaps the X92). Either way, I'm still open for more suggestions. Thanks again
        Don't .
        Just buy a new ac adapter .
        Install a CPU fan. It's a fine box .

Comment

...if the power supply didn't deliver enough amps, wouldn't it overheat and burn out? Also, would that affect problems with Google Play Store?...
          If a power supply is overloaded, that is to say more amps are being drawn from it than its rated output, it can overheat and suffer damage. If a power supply fails to deliver the rated current or well below it, overheating may not be present because less current is moving through the circuit.

The Google Play Store issue may or may not be related. But unexpected reboots, shutdowns or freezes can be caused by an under performing power supply. Power supplies provided with many TV boxes are of varying quality and have been the source of many issues. Many will not produce their stated current to begin with.

I cannot say whether the power supply is at the root of your issues, but a suitable replacement can probably be had for $10(US) or less. Use only switching type power supplies for these devices.

Hope you find a solution.

Comment

Thank you. I noticed that since I installed the new ROM, it freezes only when I try to do something with Google (sign in, update, ...etc). That's the only reason why I am not suspecting the power supply right off the bat. I don't live in the US, and around here the power supplies aren't as cheap, and a 3A power supply would be difficult to come by. I'll look around. Is there no other possible solution for my Google problem?
            How do I install a fan? Where would it get power from, and where will it sit?
            Thanks again.

Comment

Can I power up the unit through the USB port? I have a 2.4A power supply for my phone.

Comment

Thank you. I noticed that since I installed the new ROM, it freezes only when I try to do something with Google (sign in, update, ...etc). That's the only reason why I am not suspecting the power supply right off the bat. I don't live in the US, and around here the power supplies aren't as cheap, and a 3A power supply would be difficult to come by. I'll look around. Is there no other possible solution for my Google problem?
                How do I install a fan? Where would it get power from, and where will it sit?
                Thanks again.
                Hi ,

please try it with the Powersupply it only coast 3-5 Euro in China , i orderd a few Month ago two new ,

with 5V/3000mah for my Boxes , my X99 had the same (reboot/PowerOff) Problems because of not

enough Power , with only 500mah more it was gone , 2000mah to 2500mah , if you have "root" u can

uninstall the GoogleApps and use APK.pure & Aptoide , (example) , maybe new installing from Aptoide

helps or update ??? , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Force stop app,
                    Clear cache.
                    Probably run again..till bogged down again.

Solution may be to install older version of Play Store .... Apkmirror or Apkpure may have older versions....

No promise for a fix and that your device may end up having to be flashed again....

Comment

Working...
                    X