• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumping Ut1 Rom, Need some extra info.

Hi all,

I am trying to dump my Ugoos UT1 box.

are these the good addresses?

dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock0 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/misc.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock1 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/kernel720.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock2 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/boot.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock3 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/recovery.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock8 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/system.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock6 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/userdata.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock4 of=/mnt/external_sd/RileyRomBackups/backup.img

I don't know which mtdblock "parameter" is located, and what I also want is a dump of this directory:
    it's on the Internal SD Card "Android/Data/"

Thanks,
    HackAzz

Re: Dumping Ut1 Rom, Need some extra info.

If you have the ROM...you really don't need to dump most of those files...they will be the same as the ROM. User data is the only thing that will be different. But depending on which parameter file you used...you will get a 2, 4, 6 or 8gb file. Just use the parameter file in the ROM kit.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      If you have the ROM...you really don't need to dump most of those files...they will be the same as the ROM. User data is the only thing that will be different. But depending on which parameter file you used...you will get a 2, 4, 6 or 8gb file. Just use the parameter file in the ROM kit.
      Randy,

Can I check the userdata together with the other .img files?
      or do I have to flash it afterwards as a separate operation?

cheers

Comment

I have done it either way.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I have done it either way.
          I am almost giving it up

I can't manage to flash another ut1 with my userdata.img file ....

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but after flashing, the data is not there, and the NAND Flash is only 2.94 instead of 2.5 on my "original" ut1?

cheers..
          Hack

Comment

The tricky thing about dumping user data is that there can't be any file activity during the dump. You need to make sure you have wifi turned off so you get no notifications or updates during the dump. It is very finicky.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

The tricky thing about dumping user data is that there can't be any file activity during the dump. You need to make sure you have wifi turned off so you get no notifications or updates during the dump. It is very finicky.
              Thanks, I am going to try that
              Hope I will be have any more luck today :P

Cheers,
              Hack

Comment

A little step further!

Hi Randy,

I've managed to restore my userdata now, with WIFI-Off, that did the trick, but....
                I have no NAND-Flash?

Do you know how to solve this finale error?

Cheers,
                Hack

Comment

Remember, if you flashed CWM Recovery, you need to manually mount and format the internal NAND.

First Mount internal SD.

Then touch the notification that says "Damaged Storage"

Then format.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Remember, if you flashed CWM Recovery, you need to manually mount and format the internal NAND.

First Mount internal SD.

Then touch the notification that says "Damaged Storage"

Then format.
                    Hi Randy,

I didn't flash CWM Recovery, but still no result, I think that the parameter file is not correct, I can see the external SD card that is mounted, but Nand Flash is 0 / 0 Blanc!

Any suggestions?

Cheers
                    Hack

Comment

Is the system.img from your ROM dump the same size as the system.img in my ROM kit?

Were you dumping my system.img...or the stock system.img?
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Is the system.img from your ROM dump the same size as the system.img in my ROM kit?

I am dumping your system.img and it differs from my ROM dump.
                        your's is 471 MB and Mine is 637

Comment

Hmmmm...how did that happen?

The parameter files are set for the size of my system.img

I don't have that ROM with me...but if you can post your parameter file I can adjust the numbers for you.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

If I flash the ut1 with your ROM, everything is fine, but when i flash my dumped userdata.img afterwards, the problem of the 0 Nand Flash occurs!

I am out of ideas

Cheers,
                            Hack

Comment

I'm getting the same problem...I'm not sure how to fix that.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X