T95Z Plus flash ROM without reset button help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95Z Plus flash ROM without reset button help

Trying to flash custom ROM to my Sunvell T95Z Plus but it doesn't have any reset button so I can't enter recovery mode. Tried with this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJRPMymBHo but I got Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result. I guess it's a KLMBG4GEAC-B031.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

You tried to flash wrong ROM. When selecting always pay attention to the type of RAM. You need a ROM for LP memory (LPDDR3)

Comment

Tried with LP RAM and it's still the same..

Comment

Unfortunately little information. What RAM capacity does your device have, 2GB or 3GB? Which ROM did you use? Do you have the chance to establish a TTL connection to the box?

Comment

It's a 3/32. How to etablish TTL connection? I have root and TWRP.

Comment

here
            If you do not have Linux, use putty instead of kermit

Comment

Thanks for your help, seems I have to order a USB to RS232. How to connect it then? I don't have any GPIO connections.

Comment

There are 4-hole pads on the board,
                between SD-Cardreader and USB-Port. Soldering is not essential. A contact (mechanical) is sufficient.

The 4-hole connection order is almost always the same on each PCB, starting from GND (the only square-hole)

PIN-OUT:

1. GND
                2. TX
                3. RX
                4. 3.3V, VCC (is not needed)

Connect the pads to the PCB with appropriate Serial-to-USB-Converter ports and connect the USB-Port of the Serial-Converter to the USB-Port of the PC with a USB-Cable.

GND (PCB) —<-----> GND (Serial-Converter)
                TX (PCB) <-----> RX (Serial-Converter) <-----> USB-Port (Serial-Converter) <-----> USB-Port (PC)
                RX (PCB) <-----> TX (Serial-Converter)
                Last edited by bumerc; 10-21-2018, 08:41.

Comment

You mean next to the usb port, right? How to flash the .img after that is connected?

Comment

1. Yes.
                    2. First you need a boot log. In the case of bootloop, you need to short the emmc pins and use a bootable SD card. Or, make sure that the emmc bootloader is intact, then the installation can be done through it.
                    Last edited by bumerc; 10-22-2018, 21:26.

Comment

How to know which emmc pins to short?

Comment

look here

Comment

Thank you so much! Tried atvXperience's LP DDR but almost all apps crash and display doesn't work.. Do you know which works?

Comment

my device is the same as yours. stock rom not found. In other rom, the led panel is not working. Did you find the stock rom?

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
                              Hi! I'm in the same trouble. I think this post can help me, but it isn't available any more. Could you post ir again? (Sorry for my English). Thanks a Lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X