Z4 rom update via SD Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z4 rom update via SD Card

Hello i am trying to upgrade my RK3368 Z4 box, for some reason i cant get my computer to detect it so i am trying to flash it via the SD card.
    Am i suppose to rename the img file to something else so the box picks it up ?

The sd card mounts fine but then when i select apply from ADP it doesnt find the img. ?

ALso any idea why my PC wont find the box ??

Originally posted by Pauly R. View Post
    Hello i am trying to upgrade my RK3368 Z4 box, for some reason i cant get my computer to detect it so i am trying to flash it via the SD card.
    Am i suppose to rename the img file to something else so the box picks it up ?

The sd card mounts fine but then when i select apply from ADP it doesnt find the img. ?

ALso any idea why my PC wont find the box ??
    Hi ,

was your Box bricked before ???

what Win do you use , did you install the latest Drivers , do you know to connect to Flashtool ???

did you press the "reset" Button while connecting , maybe to find behind AV Jack , report

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

was your Box bricked before ???

what Win do you use , did you install the latest Drivers , do you know to connect to Flashtool ???

did you press the "reset" Button while connecting , maybe to find behind AV Jack , report

greetings / gefattern
      Hello,
      No the box was never bricked. It works fine, just wanted to try a different ROM. I am using windows 10, installed the drivers. Load flastool, plug in USB press and hold reset and plug in power. It never detects connected device.

So i figured i would try to do it via SD card, but i dont know how to create a bootable SD card for the box with the ROM image on it

Comment

this is the instructions i am following
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...k838-tronfy-x6
        Hi ,

what does the DeviceManager of Win say if you connect ??? ,

please as posssible load the latest RKDrivers 4.5 somewhere from Net ,

uninstall old , install new (always as Admin) , why you not directly used

this linked Thread to ask there , better then making a new one , you need

SD Firmware Tool for RK or Win32DiskManager to make a upgrade or an

bootable SDCard , Instructions to find online , ask if you need more help ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

what does the DeviceManager of Win say if you connect ??? ,

please as posssible load the latest RKDrivers 4.5 somewhere from Net ,

uninstall old , install new (always as Admin) , why you not directly used

this linked Thread to ask there , better then making a new one , you need

SD Firmware Tool for RK or Win32DiskManager to make a upgrade or an

bootable SDCard , Instructions to find online , ask if you need more help ,

greetings / gefattern
          Device Manager does not detect the media box at all. I was not able to find RK drivers 4.5 but found 4.4. Still no change. When i plug in box while holding reset button to PC. PC does not detect. I have tried SD Firmware tool for RK, it fails to create a MBR. I have tried win32diskmanager and it creates SD card fine, when i put in media box, press and hold reset button,and plug in power, it takes me recovery mode but does not load img, it says unable to mount sd drive

I am lost as to why i am unable to complete this .

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Device Manager does not detect the media box at all. I was not able to find RK drivers 4.5 but found 4.4. Still no change. When i plug in box while holding reset button to PC. PC does not detect. I have tried SD Firmware tool for RK, it fails to create a MBR. I have tried win32diskmanager and it creates SD card fine, when i put in media box, press and hold reset button,and plug in power, it takes me recovery mode but does not load img, it says unable to mount sd drive

I am lost as to why i am unable to complete this .

Any help is appreciated.
            Hi ,

first only the SDCard and Power , press not the "reset" Button ,

second SDBoot must be unchecked , only the "Upgrade" please ,

the MBR bug exist since i know this Tool ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

first only the SDCard and Power , press not the "reset" Button ,

second SDBoot must be unchecked , only the "Upgrade" please ,

the MBR bug exist since i know this Tool ,

good luck / gefattern
              I put SD card in PC, i go to RockChip Create Upgrade Tool v1.4, I select image, check Upgrade only, no SDBoot, hit Create. I get error.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	289
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	750391

Comment

I put SD card in PC, i go to RockChip Create Upgrade Tool v1.4, I select image, check Upgrade only, no SDBoot, hit Create. I get error.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	750391
                Hi ,

please try it with "SDBoot" , both checked , this is a really strange Tool ,

i see , HP ENVY 5660 series USB device , is this a SDCard ??? , please

use SDCard ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

please try it with "SDBoot" , both checked , this is a really strange Tool ,

i see , HP ENVY 5660 series USB device , is this a SDCard ??? , please

use SDCard ,

good luck / gefattern
                  I managed to get the SD card created. I put into android box and plug power. Nothing happens. Just black screen. ???

Comment

I have given up on trying to update this box. I also am pretty sure my computer does not detect the box because my OTG cable is not a good one. Can anyone direct me to an OTG cable on amazon that i should be using to flash my boxes?

Thanks

Comment

i finally got the unit to connect to my PC and am now able to flash. I tried the flash i linked to earlier but it doesn't work. Anyone reconmmend a goof firmware for acemax z4 box ?

this is the box i have -> https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...z4-tv-box.html

Comment

i finally got the unit to connect to my PC and am now able to flash. I tried the flash i linked to earlier but it doesn't work. Anyone reconmmend a goof firmware for acemax z4 box ?

this is the box i have -> https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...z4-tv-box.html
                        Hi ,

sounds nice , what was the Problem , which Rom does not work the Coolio or Stockrom ??? ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

sounds nice , what was the Problem , which Rom does not work the Coolio or Stockrom ??? ,

good luck / gefattern
                          The coolio one didn’t work. Stock is fine. The coolio loads up but box is supper laggy, crashes unable to even load Google Play store without it crashing.

Comment

The coolio one didn’t work. Stock is fine. The coolio loads up but box is supper laggy, crashes unable to even load Google Play store without it crashing.
                            Hi ,

not sure , but i think there are two Versions of Rom , if Stock runs , stay first on Stock ,

maybe you can use some other RK3368 Roms , best to read all the Z4 Threads u can

find , look for right Wifichip use too , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X