Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 MAX+ Android 9.0 4/64GB RK3328 LED Display Netflix HD Dual WiFi Bluetooth USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried the maskrom flash today, but it still doesn't like the ROM from geekbuying. It seems to be able to upload the firmware but then it fails when checking firmware everytime.

Thinking we need to get the stock firmware image from someone, but since this box is pretty new it might be difficult. I asked geekbuying to supply the stock ROM but not sure how they could handle a request like that. I'll update if I hear anything from them.

Dan

Comment

Ok so I tried using an updated tool and it seems to have gone all the way through the flashing process without failing. Found the link for the tool in another post - here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e6b...XB4UjXFG4/view

I loaded the tool, and plugged in the box while pressing the reset button (did not short the pins to put it in maskrom mode). Loaded the updated firmware from geekbuying, did an eraseflash, then pressed upgrade and it went all the way through with no errors. Then I reset the device while still plugged into my computer and it now has a blue light and says LOAD, on the front. I plugged in the HDMI cable too and it does in fact show the Android TV screen. However, it has now been sitting at this screen for 5 minutes so it may be stuck. Not sure where to go from here but at least it is trying to load something now and not giving any errors.

I might let it sit for a while and then if it doesn't do anything for 30 mins then I might try reflashing with another tool.

Comment

Good that you achieved some success with flashing, i also made request for stock firmware on few seller sites, hope that someone will respond. Tomorow i will try also to flash and restore device, i will report. You did not reach homescreen boot after flash and waited for 5-8 minutes?

Comment

hello to like-minded people.
          I know the problem with seeing the load-message for hours.

short help on my part to the failed updates. with the downgrade to android 7.1 you could at least get the box running again.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

best regards
          phunkx

Comment

Thank you friend, do you have recommendation with which tool do we flash this rom?

I see that for 9.0 Rom its recommended to flash with ''factory tool 1.63'' which i can not find, if you have link for recommended flash tools we will be very gratefull!
            Thank you, phunkx

Jole

Update: Box is working like charm, flashed with tool that Dan gave in previous post, with firmware that phunkx gave above, and everything is ok. Go load firmware and only click upgrade, wait to finish, then connect to ac adaptor, wait 8 minutes and box works :-)
            I wonder what happens if we try to load 9.0 firmware? Would box boot?
            Last edited by Jole; 12-23-2018, 12:16.

Comment

Can also confirm working with the firmware from phunkx. Thanks so much! This is a pure android tv rom too which is kind of neat, but likely I will try to get nova launcher on there so its more of a normal android os (which is why I tried upgrading in the first place as nova launcher wasn't working well).

Jole, I did try loading the 9.0 firmware after getting it to run with the 7.1, but the exact same thing happened and it gets stuck on the loading screen again.

edit: tried nova launcher and it does work, which is awesome, but not sure how to get it to load all the time as default

Comment

So I ended up trying an a5x 8.1 firmware, and it loads up and works using the same flash method.
                FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

Looks exactly the same as the 9.0 firmware so it might be a temporary solution if the 9.0 doesn't work, but for me I's still having issues with nova launcher. Strange that it worked with 7.1 and not with 8.1 or 9.0.....

Comment

You need launcher hiijack app, but general problem is that box is not rooted and default launcher can not be changed or frozen, therefore comes problem with nova.
                  I have read somewhere that 9.0 firmware only flashes succesfully with factory tool 1.63 version. I will try that next but to spend few days with working device :-)

Comment

Interesting. Ok well in any case, the 8.1 rom seems to be working pretty well, and has access to all the normal android apps that you cant get through the android tv os. Ill update if I get any 9.0 roms on there.

Comment

Can you tell me about that firmware; does it work all normally? What says in ''about'' device? Is it a5x or x88?
                      And does factory launcher see kodi? I started flashing in first place because factory launcher and nova don't see kodi on 8.1 default rom..
                      This 7.1 ATV firmware is good that device is not very hot, and its very fast, and all apps work normally.. very nice performance, suprising for rockchip 3328 device :-)

I see that there are 9.0 firmwares for A5X model, maybe it can work on our model too, like that 8.1 that you flashed?
                      Last edited by Jole; 12-24-2018, 14:35.

Comment

SCISHION AI ONE ANDROID OREO 8.1: ROCKCHIP 3328 2GB RAM + 16GB BLUE MODEL. finely is flash android 9 my scishion. i uploaded Android Tool Release v2.59

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
                          Can you tell me about that firmware; does it work all normally? What says in ''about'' device? Is it a5x or x88?
                          And does factory launcher see kodi? I started flashing in first place because factory launcher and nova don't see kodi on 8.1 default rom..
                          This 7.1 ATV firmware is good that device is not very hot, and its very fast, and all apps work normally.. very nice performance, suprising for rockchip 3328 device :-)

I see that there are 9.0 firmwares for A5X model, maybe it can work on our model too, like that 8.1 that you flashed?
                          Hi Jole, the rom works perfectly, but doesn't show Kodi on the launcher. I don't mind myself as I use other apps for streaming (which is why I like the normal android os and not android tv), but I see the issue for sure. I might try to load some 9.0 ROMs now that I know I can always get it back though...

Comment

Originally posted by earthdan View Post

Hi Jole, the rom works perfectly, but doesn't show Kodi on the launcher. I don't mind myself as I use other apps for streaming (which is why I like the normal android os and not android tv), but I see the issue for sure. I might try to load some 9.0 ROMs now that I know I can always get it back though...
                            Hi. I ordered x88 mx+ 4/64 but I havent taken yet. Is there a navigation bar or home bar in this rom? Have you tried netflix? Does it support hd? I had a h96 max+ 4/64 recently. It doesnt support netflix hd and doesnt have navigation or home bar.

Comment

I loaded succesfull 9.0 geekbuying rom without problems, with Factory Tool 1.63 version - hold reset - connect usb port - in factory tool load firmware - select option restore - click run - wait few minutes - succesfully installed 9.0.

9.0 Firmware is very good, better than 8.1 for sure: everything works great, all apps work good, kodi is present witk kk shortcut (kodi videos are smooth like butter), clock works normally, temperatures are fine, speed is good (suggest in developer options to turn animations off except animator on 0.5 for extra speed), 4k works more smoothly than previous, factory youtube is 1.3.11 (1080p), netflix works great in hd (720p), launcher is much better, all UI is much nicer.

Doesn't have navigation bar or status bar - in all versions that i tried 7.1.2, 8.1, 9.0 - no navigation or status bar - no root.

I highly recommend to switch X88 Max+ to 9.0 which is much better in all areas than buggy 8.1 firmware.

Thanks all good people for help to make this X88 box great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
                                I loaded succesfull 9.0 geekbuying rom without problems, with Factory Tool 1.63 version - hold reset - connect usb port - in factory tool load firmware - select option restore - click run - wait few minutes - succesfully installed 9.0.

9.0 Firmware is very good, better than 8.1 for sure: everything works great, all apps work good, kodi is present witk kk shortcut (kodi videos are smooth like butter), clock works normally, temperatures are fine, speed is good (suggest in developer options to turn animations off except animator on 0.5 for extra speed), 4k works more smoothly than previous, factory youtube is 1.3.11 (1080p), netflix works great in hd (720p), launcher is much better, all UI is much nicer.

Doesn't have navigation bar or status bar - in all versions that i tried 7.1.2, 8.1, 9.0 - no navigation or status bar - no root.

I highly recommend to switch X88 Max+ to 9.0 which is much better in all areas than buggy 8.1 firmware.

Thanks all good people for help to make this X88 box great again!
                                Great news! Where did you find 1.63? Can you post the link?

edit: nevermind, found a link in another thread. I tried loading the 9.0 by restoring but it didn't work, so I did an upgrade instead and it worked. Thanks to all for contributions to getting this fixed!
                                Last edited by earthdan; 12-27-2018, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X