communication options on the pmid701c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

communication options on the pmid701c

I just moved a few of my fave coms apps to the pmid701c and they all worked fine.

For everybody: Skype works perfectly, maybe even better audio than on my phone.

For N4RPS and others with valid tickets:

IRLP finder works great.

Echolink finder works great.

(both of these sorta get you google maps access as a bonus even if you don't have gapps installed)

Echolink works well, audio not as good as on my phone.

Trying Linphone for VoIP with Callcentric.com but it is not connecting/authorizing...

Anyone else tried other VoIP or communication software? What works and what does not?

I got Teamspeak 3 Beta v 1.0 for android to work but mic quality is really low and volume is ok, I cannot find any settings for mic adjustment. Have you guys gotten any to work? The market does not find the 701c compatable with the apk but it installs and runs fine if you get it from an alternate source just google the teamspeak3 apk and the beta will show up. I am going to try to get an usb headset to work, will update more later.

Comment

TS3 and USB

Thanks for the info on TS3 I will give that a shot. I have poked around a bit but not found any mic gain settings.

Interested because Skype is so loud and clear but on the Echolink app the sound is low and raspy, prolly like the sound you got.

I tried a couple of USB sound cards/fobs with no luck and then after getting in the ROM did not find any support for them via OTG. You might try a USB camcorder. I just don't have one to try.

Comment

Groove IP Lite

I've been a long time user of groove ip and now they have a free Lite version that works on this tablet. It allows the tablet to make and receive free calls using your google voice phone number. Plenty of adjustments to make the call quality very good. BTW I have 5 android tablets and 4 android phones, I think I like this one the best,

Have fun

Comment

+1 for groove ip, i use it on my phone and this tab

Comment

Working...
          X