WiFi Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Drivers

Hi so I was having some problems with my WiFi on my ABOX A4, and decided to do some research and thinker with it. So I ended up editing de nvram file on the directory of my WiFi chip drivers, (AP6255 2.4/5.0Ghz, directory /system/etc/wifi/6255) changed the elnagains and set them to 3 (rxgains5gelnagaina0=3) it was originally set to 0. With that change the wifi signal db went from -70 to -60, and overall speed increased from 70 MB to 100 MB. You will think I will be happy with a 30% increase an I am but, I also found the init.amlogic.wifi.rc file on my device has the following line:
    service bcmdl /system/xbin/bcmdl -n /system/etc/wifi/43569/nvram_ap6269a2.nvm /system/etc/wifi/43569/fw_bcm43569a2_ag.bin.trx

The 43569 directory that this line refers to does not exist on my Box system, I checked ATVX rom and it has the same line only difference the directory and the files refered to does exist on the ATVX system.

My question is does that has any impact on my WiFi performance of since the directory does not exist on my system it simply load the driver that belongs to my WIFi chip?

Thanks in advance for any contribution.
Working...
X