Android TV browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV browser

I have a Mecool ms8 pro l and I can't download anything. I tried several browsers. I can get apps from the play store. I have the unknown sources checked. Please help.

Originally posted by democrat View Post
    I have a Mecool ms8 pro l and I can't download anything. I tried several browsers. I can get apps from the play store. I have the unknown sources checked. Please help.
    Download APKPure Store and Chrome app from a PC and sideload it on the device.
    It can be that the firmware doesn't support browsers saving files, it's a problem on some devices.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the response. So I completely understand, I download these files on my PC, then transfer them to a directory on the mecool. From there install them?

Comment

Originally posted by democrat View Post
        Ok, thank you for the response. So I completely understand, I download these files on my PC, then transfer them to a directory on the mecool. From there install them?
        Yes, install them then from the built-in file browser app.

Comment

I think the issue is the permissions not set to allow 3rd party apps to write to external media.

All my boxes allow to write from any browser. I run Xposed with addon modules to allow a ton of options that makes an android TV box worth owning.

Comment

I downloaded the 2 apps on my PC, now i cant get my PC to recognize the mecool. I am using the usb port, no luck.The blue power indicator led is on but pc doesn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Download APKPure Store and Chrome app from a PC and sideload it on the device.
              It can be that the firmware doesn't support browsers saving files, it's a problem on some devices.

Comment

Working...
              X