Bricked MXQ Pro 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked MXQ Pro 4K

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone can help me unbrick my MXQ Pro 4k. I've searched high and low for the stock firmware but it is nowhere to be found. My box seems to be a peculiar variant and the specs are as follows (pictures are attached):

S905x 1GB/8GB S905XQ_V2.0 2017.05.16
    SV6051P Wifi
    SK Hynix H27UCG812ETR DDR3

It became bricked when I tried to flash different atvXperience firmware img files with the Amlogic USB burn tool. I had successfully flashed it with a version posted by minixfreak from the following post:

this is based off my atvXperience firmware about to be released -Tested on Mxq pro 4k s905x 1Gb/8GB -bluetooth doesnt work -Fast and stable -this build is

Although not with exactly the same specs, it worked pretty well except for the remote control wouldn't function. So I tried to flash again with what I thought was the stock firmware but unfortunately, that bricked the box pretty good. I tried to revert to the atvXperience firmware that worked from the post, but it now always fails at 7% when trying to format. In all cases, I've tried every possible combination of pushing in the reset button in the AV port, shorting the NAND pins, switching the order of USB ports... The box always has a red light when powered and is always recognized by the USB Burn Tool driver when connected to the OTG port on the box but always stops at 7% when it attempts to format.

I hooked up a serial usb/ttl cable to capture boot output, turned on the box and it seems the box is in an infinite loop with the following output:
    LOOP:8F;EMMC:800;NAND:85;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:90;EMMC :800;NAND:85;SD:800;USB:8. It appears the bootloader is corrupt or maybe has been erased.

Tried again to flash with USB Burn Tool and the output is attached in a text file.

I tried making a bootable sd card using both burncard maker and bootcard maker but that didn't work either. I'm not sure if it's because of the boot loop or perhaps incorrect firmware. I haven't been able to find the definitive stock firmware anywhere. I would appreciate help in finding this elusive firmware.

I've scoured the internet for a solution and tried many different things but nothing can get me out of this loop. I'm now at a dead end.

I once had a bricked router that I was able to fix by connecting usb/ttl and putty and repeatedly hitting Ctrl-C after rebooting to get a CFE prompt. At that point I was able to manually flash the router with firmware and revive it. Maybe there's a tool available that would possibly do something like that with the android box?

Also possible I guess that something in the hardware is toast and it's just a paper weight now. Anyway, any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
Working...
X