Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer android streaming apps are becoming non cross compatible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer android streaming apps are becoming non cross compatible.

As we all knew that phone apps and most ATV apps will work with any platform, many will no longer be.

Since Google has been cracking down on Chinese boxes, I have noticed a few apps now no longer are cross compatible.

here is my latest apps list, issues and fixes.

Fox Now US ATV broken on all S912 7.1.2 boxes. Soon all Fox corporate apps will be broken when rollout to 3.0 versions and greater.

CBC TV (Gem) Canada Latest fails to load on any 7.1.2 builds for S912 boxes, must use earlier builds.

My5 UK phone app Does not play on ATV, must replace ATV permissions file with phone or tablet and reboot. No earlier version will load, as they all force app update. You may find Demand 5 apps to run.

CTV Canada latest builds will stay on start logo, just exit out and start it again.

NatGeo US Broken splash screen animation playback (4:3 green screen), will load and properly function. Past builds had full screen splash screen playback, but will force you to upgrade app.

HBO Go US ATV Broken formatting running on non ATV box, will not function properly with remote mouse. Older versions okay.

TVPlayer UK ATV, FX Now US ATV, and ABC iView AU ATV Forced update to phone app when used on non ATV box.

YouTube ATV and YouTube TV both fail on S912 boxes with 7.1.2 builds

yes, this is just the tip of the iceberg, and I am sure more and more apps will have non compatibility issues, to make it difficult to use 7.1.2 boxes for long term functionality.

Glad I will be moving away from Chinese boxes, does not pay to have to buy a box every year or so, when buying a commercial unit will pay for its self in the long run.

I fixed the issues by fixing the latest factory firmware issued to my box late last year.

So far all the latest apps work, and box functions proper.

Comment

Working...
    X