Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi 18 Leia Released

Kodi 18 Leia Released Ahead of FOSDEM 2019

As one should have expected based on the abstract of the upcoming Kodi presentation at FOSDEM 2019, Kodi 18 ?Leia? has just been released a few days before the 2-day open source developer event.

It?s been nearly two years since the release of Kodi 17 Krypton, and it took a little longer than initially expected for Kodi 18 to become stable enough for an official since there have been so many changes including half a million lines of code added by 36 open source developers, close to 10,000 commits for almost 9,000 changed files.

Kodi 18 Leia

Some of the improvements in Kodi 18 include:
    • Retroplayer gaming with support for gaming emulators, ROMs and game controls.
    • Digital Rights Management (DRM) decryption support to play subscription content
    • Improved Music Library with better filtering, faster API access, and more
    • Live TV improvements including support for new back-ends like Zattoo, Teleboy, and Sledovanitv.cz, as well as enhanced EPG and PVR support among other things.
    • Binary addon support and the binary addon repository. The binary repository is currently available for Android, OSX, and Windows; Linux users will still have to use the PPA, while iOS and UWP will continue to include the binary add-ons in the installer because of platform limitations.
    • Android Leanback and voice control with Kodi now being able to show its library contents on the main Android TV interface with full voice functionality.
    • Playback improvements (audio and video) for Blu-ray, 4K, 8K, and HDR content, as well as various audio improvements with ALSA, PulseAudio, OSS, Pi Audio, DirectSound, WASAPI, Darwin, SndIO audio systems now supported
    • ?Estuary? skin modifications and changes to the GUI/skinning engine
    • Revised codebase and build guides ? The build guides are kept up-to-date against the current code base
    • Platform Specifics changes:
      • Android gets API bumps, speech-to-text, SD card support, etc?
      • BSD gets all-around improved support, especially on the video (VAAPI/VDPAU) side
      • Linux gets DRM, Mir/Wayland support, numerous video improvements, and build system changes
      • iOS gets support for iOS 10, improved VDADecoder support, and general improvements on both TVOS and arm64 IOS
      • Windows gets 64-bit binaries, along with improved UWP compilation, enhancements to image rendering, and various other platform-specific improvements

You?ll get the detailed list of modifications made to Kodi 18 in the changelog. Kodi 18 Ubuntu Screenshot of Kodi 18 in Ubuntu 18.04
    You can download or/and install the latest version via the Download page. I could install Kodi 18 in Ubuntu 18.04 easily with a few commands in a terminal window:

Source CNXSOFT
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Thanks for describing the improved features in Kodi 18.0

Comment

Kodi Leia shows incorrect free space on external drives using Superceleron ROM on GT King. Anyone know an easy fix? It's not vital, more of an annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
        Kodi Leia shows incorrect free space on external drives using Superceleron ROM on GT King. Anyone know an easy fix? It's not vital, more of an annoyance.
        I don't think the excellent Superceleron ROM is causing this as Total Commander reports the correct free space for the drives. It has to be an issue in Kodi itself. CoreELEC also reports the correct free space. I have asked a question in the Kodi forum but as of yet nobody has replied.

Changed ROM to Sasvlad Volksware, another excellent ROM, the same problem with Kodi. The incorrect value for free space in file manager is displayed. So it is definitely a Kodi issue.
        Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-10-2020, 17:13.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Coreelec is an idoK fork is it not

Are you using a Build with idoK 18.7?

Reset idoK to factory
          In setiings Apps clear cache/etc..

Comment

Yep..
            I also see this... version 18.7 ( stock firmware on tvbox )
            System info says 0.00 bytes free space ( on both internal and sdcard )
            But kodi addons that download seem to be working fine

probably a update bug...as 18.1 was oke...then upgraded to 18.7 nightly build

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
              Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Coreelec is an idoK fork is it not

Are you using a Build with idoK 18.7?

Reset idoK to factory
              In setiings Apps clear cache/etc..
              "CoreELEC is a minor fork of LibreELEC," I honestly don't know what IDOK is but Google suggests it is KODI backwards. I will try your suggestion. This free space bug is something I have come across before in Kodi, so it isn't a recent bug. I recall at one time FTMC was the only Android Kodi fork (variant) that displayed the free space correctly so whoever developed that would be the person to talk to. And I believe that was Superceleron but I may be wrong.

Found the clear cache after much digging.

Tried that twice for effect. No change, the incorrect free space values are given.
              Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-13-2020, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

"CoreELEC is a minor fork of LibreELEC," I honestly don't know what IDOK is but Google suggests it is KODI backwards. I will try your suggestion. This free space bug is something I have come across before in Kodi, so it isn't a recent bug. I recall at one time FTMC was the only Android Kodi fork (variant) that displayed the free space correctly so whoever developed that would be the person to talk to. And I believe that was Superceleron but I may be wrong.

Found the clear cache after much digging.

Tried that twice for effect. No change, the incorrect free space values are given.
                My bad for the confusion. idoK is a personal preference
                Its just how i like to type it most /all times

FTMC,XBMC,Team Kodi Most Excellent of All open source!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have tested Libre,Core,and Alex ELEC

alexelec is in Russian until you change language.
                But it sure looks like Kodi to me you are navagating

Maybe its just the Estuary Skin
                Maybe whomever builds the Kernel adds to the open source and enables

What would older version Kodi Krypton 17.6 read as?
                What would PC version read as?
                What would Xbox 1S read as?

Just plain weird???

Probs just a bug..........

Settings /apps/clear data/clear cache.
                Clear Data cleans both and resets idoK

Happy Testing

Comment

Working...
                X