Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S912 X92 Android 6.1 + Coreelec 9.0

Hi ,
    This is my first post .A bit of background info . I've had RPIs for about 5 years running Kodi ,now I've taken the plunge into Android
    Got a X96 in December ,have now got it running Tanix dual Boot ,Android /Libreelec ,after a lot of reading and late nights

Now have a S912 3GB/32GB . When I first got it had Android 7.1.2 ..really seemed buggy ,wouldn't reboot ,or start sometimes when my 2TB HDD was connected .
    Tried putting Tanix on it ,via the OTA update .kept getting Error 7 . Then ..tried reboot ..no Android OS ..Only way I thought is USB Burn Tool ..box wouldn't connect ..at all .
    Then, found from reading on here only way is to short the pins on the Samsung chip to connect . Followed Instructions from previous posts ,PSU and USB connected ,held my breath ,and with a small fine screwdriver ..slowly and carefully touched the pins ..after 5 mins of trying connected ! . Then tried ,Tanix again ,burned ok ..but wont load ..tried 3 different FWs same result ,a couple off here, and eventually got the Stock FW 6.1 to go on there after resurrecting the box 5 times !

Have not got it running 6.1 ,..reboots, starts ok ,and have no issues with HDD . Put Coreelec 9.0 on an SD. This seems the best way at the moment ,unit is stable ,sound is good ,1GB ethernet works really quick via FTP at least 30mbs transfer.

Thanks for what everybody does on here ,has proper helped and feel like I know a lot more about these frustrating little gadgets now ..lol

Working...
X