Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcabad66 View Post
    Hello mo123
    I have installed also this ROM in my A5X MAX tv box and it seems to work well (except BT). Thank you for your work.
    But I need to be ROOT and I don't know how to do it. Is there any way to root this ROM?.
    I have read that I must install zip from Magisk Manager, but I can't see the way to do it.

hi i have a5x max when i install this rom there is black forever can you write the instruction to how install this rom on the device

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim83 View Post

hi i have a5x max when i install this rom there is black forever can you write the instruction to how install this rom on the device
      I did nothing special. Just flashed it with factory tool as any other firmware, and it worked a the first try.
      Anyway I removed it because I need root, and moreover BT and Remote control didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by jcabad66 View Post

I did nothing special. Just flashed it with factory tool as any other firmware, and it worked a the first try.
        Anyway I removed it because I need root, and moreover BT and Remote control didn't work.
        ROM only for DDR4 RAM. Dont try you will brick your box!

Comment

Hello Mo123, I jst flashed this room to my X88 Max plus, It boot with just black screen but the tv box does not show load at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Haizenberg View Post
            Hello Mo123, I jst flashed this room to my X88 Max plus, It boot with just black screen but the tv box does not show load at all.
            If your device uses very different components inside, RAM, EMMC, Wifi, bluetooth, HDMI chip etc. then it won't boot.
            This seems to be the case.

It's a similar situation as when trying some Samsung Galaxy phone's firmware on a Xiaomi phone.
            They might have similar specs but hardware is very different and will refuse to flash anything or if it does, will brick the device.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If your device uses very different components inside, RAM, EMMC, Wifi, bluetooth, HDMI chip etc. then it won't boot.
              This seems to be the case.

It's a similar situation as when trying some Samsung Galaxy phone's firmware on a Xiaomi phone.
              They might have similar specs but hardware is very different and will refuse to flash anything or if it does, will brick the device.
              I really need your help Mo123. I tired searching internet about a firmware for my X88 Max plus, wifi chip (IT-LINK-IT6334). I flashed X88 Max plus Andriod 9 which bricked my device. I knew how to enter Maskrom mode but lack the Firmware for my device, please please help me with a link or anything.

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ask the manufacturer or seller for the firmware is all you can do since no one else has the exact device you have with the same chips inside.
                If you buy a new device in future, don't buy a no-name clone again and look for a device that gets frequent updates and check that a website from the manufacturer exist.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 Oreo Custom ROM v1.2 by mo123 - 09 April 2019

Changelog v1.2

- Added power off icon
              - Added Screenshot function
              - Added Hide Bar function
              - Added Sleep function
              - Added Home menu to change launcher
              - Added USB menu
              - Added Hide navigation bar menu
              - Fix Kodi auto frame-rate switching, all frame-rates are supported
              - Fixed Bluetooth
              - Better compatibility for apps
              - Updated apps

Note:
              Change Audio output to 'HDMI Bitstream' to have sound

Download link v1.2: Here
              Password:
              mvr9
              Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)or
              Use Restore in FactoryTool
              https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

Changelog v1.1

Fix 23.976fps playback in Kodi 18
              Added Navigation and statusbar
              Added Leankey Keyboard

Changelog v1.0

Fix apps running sideways, rotation always landscape
              Add recent apps menu
              New Recent apps grid menu
              - Can navigate up, down, left, right much easier with a remote and see the whole window
              - Long press OK to close a window
              - Long press back to close all recent apps
              Ad-blocker(hosts file)
              Fixed Youtube videos would get stuck and not play
              Fix Amazon Prime Video playback
              Add Gapps
              Auto frame-rate support in Kodi 18
              Add fractional frame-rate support in Display Settings
              Fix passthrough issues (Please test as all RK3328 Oreo firmwares doesn't support passthrough properly and there might still be bugs)
              Fix Home button on airmouses and ir remote
              Fix screensaver not working
              Added several extra screensavers
              Dual launcher - Choose HPH launcher or RKTVLauncher
              Write support for external storage
              Add NTFS read/write support
              Speed up emmc
              Improve UI speed
              Spoof ethernet as wifi connection - Fixes games like Asphalt and others to work over ethernet instead of just wifi.
              Fix Settings app not appeared in other launchers except RKTVLauncher
              Fix MediaCenter app icon not appeared in other launchers except RKTVLauncher
              New video codecs
              Fix so other launcher apps can work(most launchers can't click on the App drawer or inside it, not sure how to fix it)
              Add Youtube Vanced, SmartYoutube - works well (In their settings change the resolution you want)
              Add Magisk support for root(In Magisk Manager, install the zip then restart and open Magisk again, it will install extra libraries again and finish)
              HDMI CEC is working well
              Added LG tv symlink HDMI CEC support
              Added lots of dvb/dvb-t2 drivers (Please check if you can get working Live TV with TVHeadend or other PVR addons in Kodi 18 with your dvb dongle)

Can download the latest Kodi 18 64-bit here:
              https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/an...64-v8a/master/

Download link v1.1: Here
              Password:
              mvr9
              Flash Tool & Drivers:Here (Use EraseFlash then Upgrade)or
              Use Restore in FactoryTool
              https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/raw/master/windows/FactoryTool_v1.63.zip

For Netflix, Amazon Prime Video in HD you can use LibreELEC
              https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...reelec-release

There might still be some bugs, so please report so I can try to fix it.
              Stock Oreo is in a much worse state than Nougat was and most RK3328 manufacturers just abandoned their devices without fixing anything, leaving users in the dust.

Features
              - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working auto frame-rate switching and fractional 23.976, 29.98 & 59.97fps playback in Kodi
              - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working passthrough
              - Only RK3328 Oreo firmware with working screensaver
              The restart and Bluetooth support I am still testing to fix.
              I will try another ideal patch in the next firmware, you must also check HDMI Bitstream instead of default in the TVSettings app - Audio and use the latest Kodi 18, Kodi 17 won't have passthrough.

Comment

Working...
              X