[X7] How can I assist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[X7] How can I assist?

Just got my neo x7 yesterday and flashed finless 1.6 last night, I'm a happy camper.

This is the first android device I've owned that it hasn't been absolutely necessary to keep in good running order like my phone. So I thought I'd just check to see if there's anything a standard user can do to help out with testing or even more complex things. I've done basic stuff with android (flash roms, rooting, written some entry level apps). I'm fairly handy with java, I can get around in linux. I'm not real familiar with the android file structure but I imagine I can work through that. I'm not terrible with photoshop.

Anyway I just thought I'd toss that out to anyone who's actively modding, sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

-Mike

Originally posted by Loser View Post
    Just got my neo x7 yesterday and flashed finless 1.6 last night, I'm a happy camper.

This is the first android device I've owned that it hasn't been absolutely necessary to keep in good running order like my phone. So I thought I'd just check to see if there's anything a standard user can do to help out with testing or even more complex things. I've done basic stuff with android (flash roms, rooting, written some entry level apps). I'm fairly handy with java, I can get around in linux. I'm not real familiar with the android file structure but I imagine I can work through that. I'm not terrible with photoshop.

Anyway I just thought I'd toss that out to anyone who's actively modding, sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

-Mike
    do you have a webcam?, just to test skype with the 1.6 rom
    "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
    - Bill gates

Comment

I should having one laying around here somewhere, let me see....

ok i found a microsoft lifecam hd-6000

I may have more, i work on computers as a side job and I've acquired a good bit of peripherals

I can check and post back tonight if it works. any special instructions other than the expected?

Comment

Originally posted by Loser View Post
        I should having one laying around here somewhere, let me see....

ok i found a microsoft lifecam hd-6000

I may have more, i work on computers as a side job and I've acquired a good bit of peripherals

I can check and post back tonight if it works. any special instructions other than the expected?
        I don't know if you have one but i was thinking about buying a c270 (I already had a c270 but my cousin dropped it, and i wast thinking about replacing it with the same model or, now that I have a chance, buying a different one) and I would like to know if it works well with skype.
        "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
        - Bill gates

Comment

omw home now, but I can check tomorrow.

Comment

To help you have to be faster!

Tomorrow does not work for the Dev's here

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ha I can already feel the pressure.

I just got skype installed. i have to setup an account (honestly who wants to look at people while you talk to them , this would put a hamper on naked saturday.)

Comment

I recall a song that talked about the "shape of an L on his forehead"

Your user name made me laugh....

Hey.... we could use a good tester with a lot of different USB hardware!
                Thats one of the biggest issues here with the Dev's as we just cannot test everything!

So we need a crash test dummy!

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ok well it worked. Took a minute , had to enable video and switch to classic from tablet view, then close and restart.

Seemed fine quality was decent, admittedly I have nothing to compare to.

Ive been using the loser tag for so many years I dont even remember where it came from. Ill just say theres a 16 year old aol account attached to it.

Yea ill be glad to hardware test. Unfortunately about a month ago I sold/gave/trashed a bunch of components I thought I wouldnt need.

Comment

I don't see any other webcams in my goodie box, I have a plethora of keyboards and mice (some nice rollerball mice too )

Other than than i have a couple of external cdroms, a SATA and IDE hdd to usb thing, a few external hdds, a usb BT adapter, a usb to ethernet adapter...... thats pretty much it. Like I said I got rid of a ton of stuff, my computer dungeon was overflowing.

Comment

Working...
                    X