No announcement yet.

Video "stuttering" on KODI / auto switch frame rate [Beelink GT1 mini S905X2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video "stuttering" on KODI / auto switch frame rate [Beelink GT1 mini S905X2]

Hi

I would like to write my experience with video player on new S905X2.
    On the start:
    -with old S905X and S912 I normally install Libreelec (on SDCARD) to use KODI with correct auto frame rate switch and audio pass-through to my audio system
    -this S905X2 is not supported (for now) in Libreelec, so I have to use Android also for KODI

So this is my first time with amlogic/android problem
    I read all that I can read (all that I found, maybe I lost something)

-Problem with auto frame switch: KODI frame switch settings not work with Android BOX
    -Problem with audio passthrough: if you can not use frame swith, to sync audio with video, you can not active audio passthrough

The solution that I FOUND is to re-active auto frame switch:
    1-with a system script/demon (zoelechat script with modification for frame rate read from KODI LOG)
    2-with an add-on Kodi.AmLogic.script.frequency.switcher (with a system modification that add write permission to enable the addon)

With ALL the two method I can use KODI 18.1 with auto frame switch to correct frame rate on player start/stop.
    For my use I prefer method 2 that can use with ALL KODI version (I tried with 17.1 17.3 17.6 18.1 and after I write why)
    Instead the method 1 read the frame from LOG correctly only with KODI 18.1, I tested a different method for KODI 17.x but I have to enable debug LOG that is too big for normal use.

BUT

also with method 1 or 2 the frame rate is correct (I see the TV that switch to correct hz) but I see stuttering on video even more that without frame switch...

after days of test, I tried different version of KODI and test also other method...
    finally I found an old method (I think is old)

Use Amlogic TV Box tool to enable FTMC and SPMC frame rate switch ... without script and without addon... the original frame rate that is in settings...

So I tried FTMC 16.2.31 and it works... without addon and without STUTTERING
    I tried also SPMC 17.6 alpha6 but it not work... it has a problem with audio stuttering that I did'nt understand ...

CONCLUSION:
    if someone have S905X2 and want to test:
    I used a 1080p h264 23.976 fps movie with DTS audio track
    the DB is on MariaDB 10 (NAS)
    the file is on samba disk (NAS)

-with FTMC it works with frame switch settings ON: it switch correct to 24hz and with no stuttering !!!
    -with KODI (now I have 17.6 because the video DB is the same with FTMC 16.2.31) with Kodi.AmLogic.script.frequency.switcher it switch to correct 24hz but the video stuttering every 10 second... more or less
    -with SPMC not works audio stuttering from the beginning with DTS audio track issue (maybe with dolby it works, but i did'nt try)

now i would like to make some new test:
    1.maybe KODI have a problem with samba access? (I will try with the same movie on HDD connected with USB3)
    2.maybe KODI have a problem with DTS passthrough? (I will try with the same movie but with AC3 track)
    3.maybe KODI have a problem with amlogic chip ? (I will try without hardware acceletation)

If someone want to help with this "issue", I think it can help other with the same chipset.

The device doesn't support HD Audio passthrough correctly, it's broken in the firmware.
    The script will help, but the root cause in the firmware to support auto frame-rate switching is not fixed.
    I wouldn't recommend S905X2 at this stage if Kodi with auto frame-rate switching and HD Audio passthrough is important for users.
    Stay with S905x and RK3328 devices that support LibreELEC and Kodi 18 properly.
    We can only hope that Amlogic or the manufacturers put more effort into S905x2 firmwares in future and LibreELEC will be possible in 6 or more months.

Comment

Originally posted by compuman View Post
      Hi

I would like to write my experience with video player on new S905X2.
      On the start:
      -with old S905X and S912 I normally install Libreelec (on SDCARD) to use KODI with correct auto frame rate switch and audio pass-through to my audio system
      -this S905X2 is not supported (for now) in Libreelec, so I have to use Android also for KODI

So this is my first time with amlogic/android problem
      I read all that I can read (all that I found, maybe I lost something)

-Problem with auto frame switch: KODI frame switch settings not work with Android BOX
      -Problem with audio passthrough: if you can not use frame swith, to sync audio with video, you can not active audio passthrough

The solution that I FOUND is to re-active auto frame switch:
      1-with a system script/demon (zoelechat script with modification for frame rate read from KODI LOG)
      2-with an add-on Kodi.AmLogic.script.frequency.switcher (with a system modification that add write permission to enable the addon)

With ALL the two method I can use KODI 18.1 with auto frame switch to correct frame rate on player start/stop.
      For my use I prefer method 2 that can use with ALL KODI version (I tried with 17.1 17.3 17.6 18.1 and after I write why)
      Instead the method 1 read the frame from LOG correctly only with KODI 18.1, I tested a different method for KODI 17.x but I have to enable debug LOG that is too big for normal use.

BUT

also with method 1 or 2 the frame rate is correct (I see the TV that switch to correct hz) but I see stuttering on video even more that without frame switch...

after days of test, I tried different version of KODI and test also other method...
      finally I found an old method (I think is old)

Use Amlogic TV Box tool to enable FTMC and SPMC frame rate switch ... without script and without addon... the original frame rate that is in settings...

So I tried FTMC 16.2.31 and it works... without addon and without STUTTERING
      I tried also SPMC 17.6 alpha6 but it not work... it has a problem with audio stuttering that I did'nt understand ...

CONCLUSION:
      if someone have S905X2 and want to test:
      I used a 1080p h264 23.976 fps movie with DTS audio track
      the DB is on MariaDB 10 (NAS)
      the file is on samba disk (NAS)

-with FTMC it works with frame switch settings ON: it switch correct to 24hz and with no stuttering !!!
      -with KODI (now I have 17.6 because the video DB is the same with FTMC 16.2.31) with Kodi.AmLogic.script.frequency.switcher it switch to correct 24hz but the video stuttering every 10 second... more or less
      -with SPMC not works audio stuttering from the beginning with DTS audio track issue (maybe with dolby it works, but i did'nt try)

now i would like to make some new test:
      1.maybe KODI have a problem with samba access? (I will try with the same movie on HDD connected with USB3)
      2.maybe KODI have a problem with DTS passthrough? (I will try with the same movie but with AC3 track)
      3.maybe KODI have a problem with amlogic chip ? (I will try without hardware acceletation)

If someone want to help with this "issue", I think it can help other with the same chipset.
      Great post!

I have the X96Max 4/64 model (Android Box) with amlogic s905x2.

I have problems with stuttering but only with iptv channels. Videos play smoothly whatever the fps and resolution.

Ill definitely try this script and see how it works. Can you tell me how to run or install the script?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by compuman View Post
        I found a video with stuttering also with FMTC
        so, I download some other versions to test

All SPMC 17.x version not works.... stuttering AUDIO ... bah
        I found old SPMC 16.x and it works better than FTMC... but, FTMC have some mod, one for all -> it works with DB v17 (DB of kodi 17.x)

Now I found a rare version:
        SPMC 16.8rc1 this version seems to be ok (auto frame rate + no stuttering), and it works with DB v17

I make some more test, but it seems to be THE good ONE

---UPDATE

and... nothing,
        it seems that some files are played good with one version than than other...
        SPMC 16.7.04 (the last one in google playstore) is the one more stable, but i find some video with problem also with this version...
        SO
        no one seems to be THE good ONE

P.S.
        SPMC 16.x better than FTMC 16.x better than any KODI version...
        But still with problem, stuttering, audio sync problem, bah...

no problem at all with old S905X with LibreElec or with Zidoo with ZDMC (that use external player with auto frame rate)

I suppose that we hve to pray for a LibreElec/CoreElec firmware... with DUALBOOT for Android apk
        Last edited by compuman; 03-17-2019, 14:51.

Comment

How about now?

Comment

I?m getting stuttering video In my streaming app on my S905X2 h96 Max x2

is this the same reason?

Comment

Working...
            X