Tx6 Android tv box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx6 Android tv box

Has any one managed to find a custom rom for this box and even a twrp to flash magisk root I am having problems finding anything I don't like the Alice ui and am having problems installing the ATV lean back launcher

Has anyone got the TWRP img or zip for our TX6 allwinner h6 box as I know one is out there .

Comment

First no need to root tanix tx 6, it ships already rooted.
      If you would like a custom ROM I can recommend superceleron's SVC1 Custom ROM, it uses Android 7 and no Alice UI. SVC1 ROM works for the Tanix Tx 6 with 4GB of RAM og 32GB ROM. It will not work with Tx6 4GB Ram + 64 GB ROM. Or the smaller one, Tx6 2GB Ram 16GB ROM.

I flashed to SVC1 because stock ROM was too slow and video playback even over home network was poor, with lots of buffering, stuttering and jerky pictures in scenes where there was a lot of movement. The stuttering and jerkyness was so pronounced in stock andorid 9 rom that Tx6 was almost useless as a media player device.

Swapped to SVC1 and suddenly the box did what I expected. Playback of video was nice, DVD rips in max quality is perfect, tested both ISO files and .mkv. No jerkyness and no stuttering. BD rips will not work for full quality still - but if I compress video to medium file size even BD rips plays without problem.

As for TWRP I used it on smartphones and it is a great tool but do you really need it for Tanix? Here is how I upgraded.

1. Downloaded superceleron 's Custom ROM SVC1 from this thread
      2. Formatted the SDmicro first with Rufus3.5.exe
      3. Used PhoenixCard.exe to burn image file for custom ROM to SDmicro, Make sure you choose PRODUCT rather then startup with the radio button. PhoenixCard is in english btw.
      4. Turned off power from Tanix Tx6, inserted the SDmicro and powered on.
      5. Tanix started to flash from SDmicro and within a few minutes the green bar was complete and I could turn off power and remove SDmicro.
      6. Rebooted Tanix Tx6 (NOTE: reboot without sdcard inserted) and I noticed the boot was a little different then Android 9, and initial boot was a little slow as always with fresh install.
      7. Android 7 was working very smooth
      Last edited by blackholesun; 06-03-2019, 21:02.

Comment

Hello, I couldn't get supersu working (no prompt for root request). I couldn't believe it was stock rooted because of it, what do you use to get the ROOT prompts?

Comment

Originally posted by shungabubus View Post
          Hello, I couldn't get supersu working (no prompt for root request). I couldn't believe it was stock rooted because of it, what do you use to get the ROOT prompts?

Note: The tannix box was not connected to pc via USB during the process. Update via USB can leads to problems. Update or downgrade via sd micro card works just fine and causes no problems, and you will not be prompted for su as long as you flash firmware via sd card.

1: First I took a sd micro card and put into a card reader at the pc. Then I formatted the sd card using rufus 3.5.

2: Then I fired up phoenix card exe and pointed phoenix to where the custom rom was stored. Then just hit burn. When complete you can remove the sd card.

3: Tannix still plugged into my TV. I powered tannix down. Inserted sd card into sd card slot and rebooted. Keep your TV on. You will see on the TV how the process is going.

4: When loading new firmware is complete, power down tannix.

5: Remove the sd micro card from tannix.

6: Power on Tannix.

At boot screen you can already tell there is new firmware loaded. Congrats you now got yourself a new firmware.
          Last edited by blackholesun; 06-20-2019, 13:14.

Comment

Do you say there is no other way just the custom image? I don't want to touch the stock firmware really.

Comment

Yes that's right. Stock ROM sucks so far. Might have been an update last month, I don't know I am away on holiday. Read my posts for detailed step by step how to guide to install custom ROM.

Comment

Ok we might need to clarify, I bought mine with the latest firmware according to this: https://twitter.com/Tanix_Box which was your version?

Comment

Have any rom for 8gb ram or 128gb storage.
                  I have clone device "id6 pro" same like tanix tx6 specifications.

Comment

Working...
                  X