• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos UT1 or CS968 or T-R42 or MK908II?

Which one of these? I can't decide. HELP

Originally posted by convict View Post
    I would get the T-R42...A) it is supported by devs like Lewy, B) it is fast and does 1080p no problem C) it doesn't really ever get hot D) its cheap

The MK908II is small, but gets hot because its too much heat caused by components in the small shell and that can cause shutdowns amongst other issues.

As for the Ugoos I don't have too much knowledge on this one, but I am pretty sure I have heard complaints about the unit. Headaches and such, not sure about firmware.

Def would get the T-R42.

Comment

T-R42 is the same as MK888B and CS918, right?

Did anyone find a good deal for one of this devices?
      Last edited by boolsheat; 10-03-2013, 20:21.

Comment

CS918 doesn't have bluetooth, except that they are the same

Comment

How you find any good deals? I found this, but I'm not sure if its a trustworthy seller as he has no feedbacks left...

Comment

Originally posted by boolsheat View Post
            How you find any good deals? I found this, but I'm not sure if its a trustworthy seller as he has no feedbacks left...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Moonc...362323887.html
            hmmm i believe it's too good to be true, an with 0 feedback i wouldn't risk it

Comment

I'm in the same problem... I have to decide between

Amologic (MX2 clone)

- $70, dual core, great support and xbmc support

and MK888B

- $55, quad core, bluetooth, rk3188 - problem with HD videos (choppy) and XBMC support

What to buy?

Comment

Just ordered CS968

Comment

Easy solution... buy them all
                  Atleased.. one should work.. lol

I would go for.. cs918.. good support.. xbmc v13 is work in progress (alpha)
                  And the MX2 clone.. its a gamble.. but if it works like a real mx2.. the xbmc/youtube vid quality should be allot better then cs918
                  (Note d/l the mygica xbmc version, not the one from xbmc site)

My advice.. better units will likly come before christmas.. and older unit will be cheaper

goodluck

Comment

CS918 is same as K-R42 which doesn't have bluetooth, T-R42 is the upgrade version of K-R42 which has bluetooth. The best one is CS968 with extra bells and whistles and cost a bit more. If you decided to buy now, I would recommend the CS968 no brainer! If you care about the price your second choice would be T-R42.

Comment

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
                      CS918 is same as K-R42 which doesn't have bluetooth, T-R42 is the upgrade version of K-R42 which has bluetooth. The best one is CS968 with extra bells and whistles and cost a bit more. If you decided to buy now, I would recommend the CS968 no brainer! If you care about the price your second choice would be T-R42.
                      I finally ordered a CS968 a few days ago, but thanks for your feedback

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                        Certainly not the Ugoos UT1
                        It's because the Ugoos UT1 support resource is very weak (even in community)

although Ugoos UT1 has a the advantages of alloy casing and dual antenna
                        (1T1R with Realtek 8188EUS)
                        but the fact of software support (firmware) is really weak (even in China)
                        and the user responds for stock firmware (Kaiboer) in China mainland were suck.
                        or do you prefer a beautiful brick?

And the most important reason is Almost many of the products release by Kaiboer in the past
                        the reputation and after sales service were really suck.
                        the long-term support mission was handle by the open community.
                        In fact, this is the recent case of electronic production by China.

Comment

Too good an offer?

Hi all,

I am new here and ask myself the same question: Which unit to buy...

I think I settled for the CS968 and I found a relly good offer:

Since normally, if an offer is too good to be true - it is not true, I wonder if that is a hoax. What do you think?

Also I wonder how the CS968 compares to the Minix Neo X7, any thoughts on that?

Did anybody recieve her/his CS968 yet? Is it as good as the specs suggest? (I can't find any proper review on the net...)

So long and thank you for the great thread, which helped my already a lot!

Greetings!

Comment

Originally posted by mitglied View Post
                            Hi all,I am new here and ask myself the same question: Which unit to buy...I think I settled for the CS968 and I found a relly good offer:http://www.yeso521.com/cs968.htmlSince normally, if an offer is too good to be true - it is not true, I wonder if that is a hoax. What do you think?Also I wonder how the CS968 compares to the Minix Neo X7, any thoughts on that?Did anybody recieve her/his CS968 yet? Is it as good as the specs suggest? (I can't find any proper review on the net...)So long and thank you for the great thread, which helped my already a lot!Greetings!
                            Good offer but obviously you haven't payed attention to the shipping cost. When you put it in your cart it has an option to calculate shipping, do it and see the final price.I personally chose cs968 over minix neo x7 because of the price, camera, microphone and a/v port, but minix neo x7 had better support from developers

Comment

Hi convict, thank you for your answer.
                              If I look at the shipping, it is 12 USD for China Post and 22 USD for DHL, so with a DHL shipping it is still only 94 USD, that is still decent.

Where did you buy yours?
                              And even more important: Did it arrive yet?

About the support: I have the impression that there are a lot of people buyin the CS968, that is why I hope there will be some support by "independent" developpers. But maybe it is too early to say, if that will happen...

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X