Micro SD Cards High Capacity that Work with Minix X7 64Gig tested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro SD Cards High Capacity that Work with Minix X7 64Gig tested

I just wanted to tell everyone I tested the SanDisk Mobile Ultra Flash memory card - 64 GB microSDXC UHS-I - UHS Class 10 and it worked. I was amazed that it did. I thought 32gb was the limit. I tested some MKV large files and played them off it. The trick for me was that I pulled it out of my Samsung Galaxy note.

I purchased it at Amazon http://amzn.to/1a113Tl

Let me know if anyone else have tested any of these or others with success??

cheers

Are you sure?

I have that exact 64GB sandisk micro card. I just got done testing it and it did not work on my X7. Is it possible that the card has been partitioned? What format is the card?

Thanks,
    Rivers

Comment

Be careful! The galaxy note may have only partitioned it for 32GB or something.

I think the limit is induced by Fat32 on Android. Not sure since I don't have a 64gb card.

If your going to test this, format it in windows as NTFS (yes the X7 supports NTFS sdcards).

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Be careful! The galaxy note may have only partitioned it for 32GB or something.

I think the limit is induced by Fat32 on Android. Not sure since I don't have a 64gb card.

If your going to test this, format it in windows as NTFS (yes the X7 supports NTFS sdcards).

Bob
        I will take some pictures this weekend. I am sure that the galaxy note was the key because it partitioned the stick not ntfs from a windows pc. it was definitely 64gb partition. I have the stick in my new Note 3 I just picked up and it is showing 64gb in it now. I will put it back in the Minix 7 and take some screenshots. I was pretty impressed.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MastaMind View Post
          I will take some pictures this weekend. I am sure that the galaxy note was the key because it partitioned the stick not ntfs from a windows pc. it was definitely 64gb partition. I have the stick in my new Note 3 I just picked up and it is showing 64gb in it now. I will put it back in the Minix 7 and take some screenshots. I was pretty impressed.

Cheers

I finaly got to look closer and was able to take a couple photos. So it looks like the phone had formatted the 64GB stick to a fat32 system. So i looked at the movies I had on the stick and they were under 4gb so I tried to test putting an 8gb file and no luck from restrictions from fat32 system. But the good news is it will read and write files on this 64gb Stick as Fat32 file system.

Test Two - Format stick as NTFS and put back in the Minix X7.. With a 8Gb MKV to test.

WOW my copy times went up to 69MB/s with NTFS on the stick plugged into my usb 3.0 port using standard USB 2.0 reader/writer.. for about 50% of the copy time.. hmmmm confusing now it dropped back down to 11.3 MB/s write speed not sure what that windows 8.1 thing is about.

Anyways So I put it back into the Minix X7 formated with the NTFS and guess what I could not read it at all. Pulled the card reinserted it and now is working. SO YES IT WORKS.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MastaMind; 10-07-2013, 06:48. Reason: correction to card inserted

Comment

I finaly got to look closer and was able to take a couple photos. So it looks like the phone had formatted the 64GB stick to a fat32 system. So i looked at the movies I had on the stick and they were under 4gb so I tried to test putting an 8gb file and no luck from restrictions from fat32 system. But the good news is it will read and write files on this 64gb Stick as Fat32 file system.

Test Two - Format stick as NTFS and put back in the Minix X7.. With a 8Gb MKV to test.

WOW my copy times went up to 69MB/s with NTFS on the stick plugged into my usb 3.0 port using standard USB 2.0 reader/writer.. for about 50% of the copy time.. hmmmm confusing now it dropped back down to 11.3 MB/s write speed not sure what that windows 8.1 thing is about.

Anyways So I put it back into the Minix X7 formated with the NTFS and guess what I could not read it at all. Pulled the card reinserted it and now is working. SO YES IT WORKS.

Added another picture with 64Gig showing
            Attached Files

Comment

Added another picture with 64Gig showing

Ohh and I forgot to tell you all that the 8Gb MKV file played flawless off this 64 Gig Card I also wrote some data to it just to make sure I could read / write to the card. This is the Sandisk Card purchased from Amazon for just under $50 http://amzn.to/1a113Tl

Comment

so it's a 64GB card @ NTFS in ONE partition right??
                thanks.

Comment

Re: Micro SD Cards High Capacity that Work with Minix X7 64Gig tested

Yes correct ntfs 64gb partition. Formatted under Windows. I used a card reader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                  X