Problems Udating X5 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Udating X5 Firmware

I am really having problems with my X5. I woke up this morning and Android was acting up. Xbmc would just begin to load and then shutoff, and other programs did the same thing. So, I tried to rebooting but this problem persists. So I decided too reinstall Finless Bobs 1.2 ROM. This led to the problem I am having now.
    I installed the correct drivers for Flashing and Windows 7 recognizes my device.

MY problem is the Flash tool does not see any devices. I tried to do this on a laptop with XP installed. This does not seem to matter which OS I am on. I then tried the New Android 4.2 Rom from MInix and the RKflash tool does not recognize my box either.
    So basically my box now I see is a never ending Logon screen.

Can anyone help?
    TIA
    pdlibrary
    Last edited by pdlibrary; 10-05-2013, 16:49.

Originally posted by pdlibrary View Post
    I am really having problems with my X5. I woke up this morning and Android was acting up. Xbmc would just begin to load and then shutoff, and other programs did the same thing. So, I tried to rebooting but this problem persists. So I decided too reinstall Finless Bobs 1.2 ROM. This led to the problem I am having now.
    I installed the correct drivers for Flashing and Windows 7 recognizes my device.

MY problem is the Flash tool does not see any devices. I tried to do this on a laptop with XP installed. This does not seem to matter which OS I am on. I then tried the New Android 4.2 Rom from MInix and the RKflash tool does not recognize my box either.
    So basically my box now I see is a never ending Logon screen.

Can anyone help?
    TIA
    pdlibrary
    If your computer is seeing the x5 but the flash tool is not,it sounds like you are not in flash mode.Try this:get the flash tool on screen and hook up the x5 to the computer thru the otg port.Hook up the power adapter but dont turn the x5 on.Make sure the sound is on on your computer so you will hear the sound when it connects.take a toothpick or a paper clip and stick it in the tiny hole by the hdmi plug and you should be able to feel a little click when you mash the tiny button inside the hole.Hold this tiny button down and while holding it down press and hold the powerbutton.After a few seconds you should hear a sound and the x5 should be recognized by the batch tool and be on flash mode.If not there should be drivers bundled with the rkbatch tool that will need to be installed.Hope this helps,Im half asleep at the moment but i dont think i forgot anything.

Comment

Working...
    X