NEW! Arnova 8b G2 "Dual Touch" Finless ROM V1.4G - with G Play Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW! Arnova 8b G2 "Dual Touch" Finless ROM V1.4G - with G Play Store

OK folks.... based on requests and a solid ROM dump which has been tested. I am doing a Finless 1.4 ROM for the Arnova 8G2 Dual Touch Resistive Screen. I got a ROM dump from a user that included Backup.img. Backup.img is basically a version of update.img from a tablets NAND memory. Using backup.img assures you get a CLEAN ROM dump rather than using the parts (system.img etc) that could be messed up be someone using ROOT tools.

Now I have to tell you I cannot BOOT this ROM on my Arnova 10G2! So I do not know if it is a BRICK 1.4 ROM by me. However the good news is we have a good and tested STOCK ROM now!
    You can get the STOCK ROM here:
    http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f..._stock_rom.zip

So if my ROM is a brick (which I doubt) you can recover!

Anyway below is the same stuff I talk about for my other 1.4 ROMs. Later I will do a debloat 1.5 for you all. The download link is below for Finless 1.4g 8G2 Dual Touch.

WARNING! Remove your SDCard when flashing this ROM!!! There is a risk it can be ERASED!!!

This has been a lot of work by many other people. I HAVE to give total PROPS to FreakTab user Fenice57. His first ext4 setup was not quite right. We all worked together and Fenice solved the problem by highly modifying the recovery system.

ext4 explanation:
    Understand the history. After a ROM flash the recovery system formats everything. Well without a change in that it simply reformatted anything back to ext3. The ext4.ko kernel modules handled mounting an ext3 partition even if the mount command said to mount as ext4!!! It even reported it mounted as ext4!!! Go figure that one So lot's of testing and benchmarking later..... We have a real ext4 file system!
    So there was no ext4 file system to benefit from in previous work. The improved ext4 kernel modules gave a little performance add but not much. However Fenice57 worked HARD on solving this and modified the recovery system to stop the format to ext3. Sowa and myself also added in testing and showing the issues. But Fenice is the MAN! He solved it.

Fenice57... Can I just say THANK YOU! Everyone that uses my 1.4 ROM. Please also give a hand to Fenie57!

OK so what’s in this ROM 1.4
    It's the same as 1.3 with a couple more tweaks on my part based on user feedback and a couple of other slim downs in code I have done to init.rc, updated lib modules, etc.

1) WiFi scan interval is changed from 15 seconds to 300. This may help some guys with battery issues. Myself, I do not have this problem but due to many asking for it, I put it in. If you want to change it back:
    Use a file manager and copy out from /system the file build.prop file. Copy it on your SDCard. Then copy to PC or whatever. Edit the file and find this line:
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=300
    Just edit the 300 back to 15 and your back to stock.

2) ext4 file system.. Well I explained the work that went into this above but just to add. I have done extensive benchmarking with many tools. This does not add a huge performance increase to the overall use of the tablet. EXCEPT, and this is actually kind of benefit, Sequential Write of files to memory. Large file writes are over double what they were on ext3. Random Read and Random Write are about the same. So where you should see an increase is downloads to Tablet memory, market download and install speed, some apps that write to memory a lot, etc etc etc. Overall however, the tablet seems much faster to me but remember, I am the cooker so I am baised

Here is the download link for 1.4g 8G2 Dual Touch

ROM -> Arnova 8G2 "Dual Touch" version 1.4g - Google Play - by Finless (80 megs)

Tutorial for installing drivers for flashing-http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-flashing!

Enjoy!
    Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE LINK BELOW

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    Last edited by Damo; 07-13-2012, 14:29.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST
    Testing .14 version and no brick.
    All it seems to go right, so I just can say THANKS!!!!
    Your work is fantastic. In only an hours you came back to life to my Arnova's son and now is working, rooted with google play installed and fast, very fast.
    People on other forums can say whatever they want, but your boot is nice and, of course, if prople do a hard work, they have all rights to sign their name in it.
    Congratulations and all of us must be thanked that people like you help us to make our tablets better.
    Sorry for my english.
    THANKS.

Comment

Thanksssss

Very Very Great Job ....
      I was waiting this rom thanks alot...

Comment

Thanks for your feedback guys, appreciated

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

capacitance scrren with this rom

It states resistive but would it work with capcitance screen as most Arnova 8 G2 now seem to be. If not any plans to do one. Currently on Sowa,s 5.0 ext4 version

THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by bojofbas View Post
            It states resistive but would it work with capcitance screen as most Arnova 8 G2 now seem to be. If not any plans to do one. Currently on Sowa,s 5.0 ext4 version

THANKS
            No it will not work with the capacitive version as the hardware is different, so the software within the Rom is written specifically for the resistive screen.

If anybody could supply a Rom dump for the capacitive model than it is possible for a custom Rom to be produced

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Correct me if I am worng but thats the 8 G2 e.g. Sowa's ROM. The 8 G2 is capacative. If arnova comes out with a different capacitive 8 they usually call it a b or something. I have not seen that yet.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                No it will not work with the capacitive version as the hardware is different, so the software within the Rom is written specifically for the resistive screen.

If anybody could supply a Rom dump for the capacitive model than it is possible for a custom Rom to be produced

Sowa had a dump on one of his first posts,

Just waiting till finless has the time to have a look at cooking a 1.5 rom with it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi again Bob. First, give you again thanks for your work; my 8g2´son runs ok and just a question. I think you gave to internal memory for apps more space (1 gb) and when I see in app manager I can see more than 700 megas free for apps. Ok, now when I try to install new apps, I can see "no space to install" and I can´t install more apps from store even my free storage is over 700 megas...why? Must I do something to get to that free storage?

Comment

hi. just come across this thread and tried to use the stock rom for the 8g2 as my tablet seems to be stuck at the arnova logo.

the device is seen in windows and in the tool starts to topy to flash and then fails. i have a feeling its because there is no space for it but because the tab is stuck in a loop of the arnova screen i cant do anything, anyone got any ideas would be much appreciated?

21:55:14 034 Load Setting ok
                    21:55:14 128 RKAndroidTool v1.2.9.0 Start Run
                    21:55:16 702 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_290A#5&31683AC9&0&2#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
                    21:55:16 717 INFO:Start to test device
                    21:55:16 717 INFO:Test device OK
                    21:55:16 733 INFO:Start to download file
                    21:55:16 748 INFO: Start to download files to flash
                    21:55:16 764 INFO:Flash Start to download file to flash
                    21:55:36 857 Errorownload system file failed,Errcode(-2)
                    21:55:36 857 Error: Download System file failed
                    21:55:36 857 ERRORownload file failed
                    21:55:36 857 ERROR:Image Thread Failed
                    21:55:36 873 ERROR:Run failed

the above is in the log.

Comment

Did you erase IDB first? Many times when your messed up you need to do that and ALSO make sure you check the loader box!

Also this is not correct
                      21:55:16 702 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_290A#5&31683AC9&0&2#{a5d cbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})

You have something screwy going on in windows as it seems it is NOT pointing to the proper ROM files.

Bob

Comment

hey, just tried the erase then run with loader checked but the same thing is hapening,

how to you mean screwey as the app is pointing to the image folde where the files are...

ive moved the folder from users../..downloads to c: route incase its a path thing but no luck either. any more suggestions?

Comment

You need to unzip the ROM package to a hard drive directly! Do not mess with the folder or files inside! The only other issue is maybe you have a virus or something but the settings.ini file tells the RKAndroid tool where to find the files. The fact that your windows install is looking in strange places for the files, I do not know what to tell you.

ALso make sure you are administrator! Or run the RKAndroid tool as administrator!

Bob

Comment

its obvioudly finding the file to copy as in the output area on the right of the tool it shows it counting up the bytes of data transfered, but it only gets to about 7000ish before stopping, then about 10 secs later the failed message comes.

this is what makes me think that there is no room for it to copy the file across to the tab and therefore it cant complete.

does the eraseIDB option wipe the memory where it is going to copy the file to? if not this may be my problem?

otherwise do you know of a way to 'format' the area the file is going to be copied to before i run the tool?

thanks by the way, its so hard to find any info on these.

Comment

Working...
                            X