Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore to factory problem

Hello Guys
    Need some help with my MXQ PRO AML S905X Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 1.5GHz with 8gig storage and 1gig memory, that used to have Android 6.0.1 on it ?. I thought I would try ATV Experience on it?but then found out it is not what I wanted, the problem now is I cannot change the firmware back to the original, and I cannot get into the android recovery by pressing the reset button on start-up, just seems to bypass it just goes straight to ATV Experience start up, other things I have tried rooting apps don?t seem to load at all, can anyone suggest how I can fix my problem and put it back to original please

Bazza

Perhaps..
    Hor to update, recover or unbrick with a firmware file our Android TV Box with Soc Amlogic S905, S905W, S905W2, S905X3, S905X4...

Ps..
    Your post is wierd.. you don't like atv firmware that i under stand, but then you mention rooting apps??
    What was your goal? Getting root? ( if yes : how many..and wat did you try... so we can learn )
    Or did you mean running apps that require root access... that fail to run?

There two other ways:
    1.mention above : create a bootable sdcard ( alternative : boot a recovery img from sdcard: Android or twrp / alternative boot libreelec )
    2.use the update app from Android..Take a any zip file then click update.. this should reboot the device into recovery
    3.if you're device has root access.. install petrus reboot app (it has many reboot to recovery options )

Goodluck

Comment

Hi Mitchell As I mention in my first post, pressing the reset button dose nothing?when I hold the reset button in and connect the power it still goes straight to the ATVXperiance start-up page even if I hold the rest button for two or three minutes, I have tried the SD card method as well, same problem with the reset button!! The box is not rooted, so I thought there may be a way of reinstalling android 6.1 that way.. I have tried Kingroot.apk, Rashr.apk, SuperSU_v2.79.apk, none of them will install, I have all so tried, twrp.905x-3.0.2.0..img, [TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus extras.

Thanks for your help
      Bazza

Comment

Hello Guys ant tips on how to root this box please

Comment

Working...
        X