TX3 Unbrick short pin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX3 Unbrick short pin help

can someone pls tell me where i need to short pin this board.
    Im new but I basically have to touch those two points together with a piece of wire or paperclip?
    A little more info then just two points besides the nand chip. Which one is the nand ?

Hi ,

that is possible too , but why you not only renamed your old Thread ,

of course shall i schow you which one is the Nand Chip , but first you

must know what to do or not ???

Please look on the Picture , first Link , the Nand is the Chip with the

"Superman S" , and on the right side you can see two small holes ,

with golden edge , right of the Chip a little bit below is the "Reset"

Button , but as i already said , i am not 100% sure that this Points

must be used , but i am sure the right Infos can be found here ,

geetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi ,

that is possible too , but why you not only renamed your old Thread ,

of course shall i schow you which one is the Nand Chip , but first you

must know what to do or not ???

Please look on the Picture , first Link , the Nand is the Chip with the

"Superman S" , and on the right side you can see two small holes ,

with golden edge , right of the Chip a little bit below is the "Reset"

Button , but as i already said , i am not 100% sure that this Points

must be used , but i am sure the right Infos can be found here ,

geetings / gefattern
      Sorry when i tried to edit the title it was greyed out and I wasnt able to make any changes. I tried on my phone and computer to the same effect.

Im still confused as to what I am suppose to do. I believe I am suppose to use a piece of wire to connect the 2 points that you are unsure of and plug the box into my computer? Or power it on while holding the reset button? Or plug it into my computer while holding the reset button also? Is there any place I could find out for sure what the 2 points are? Or do I just have to wait for someone who knows to let me know?

Thank you so much for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by Cryp0 View Post

Sorry when i tried to edit the title it was greyed out and I wasnt able to make any changes. I tried on my phone and computer to the same effect.

Im still confused as to what I am suppose to do. I believe I am suppose to use a piece of wire to connect the 2 points that you are unsure of and plug the box into my computer? Or power it on while holding the reset button? Or plug it into my computer while holding the reset button also? Is there any place I could find out for sure what the 2 points are? Or do I just have to wait for someone who knows to let me know?

Thank you so much for all your help
        Hi ,

yes copper wire or similar shall work , the "Reset" button must not be used if you doing it this way ,

you only have to "short" , plug while holding it "short" the USB to Pc & connect Power , then you must

hear a connection sound and Box shows up in the already before started Flashtool , press start , wait ,

and hopefully all is gone good , enjoy your restored Box ,

( some , first press start & then connecting the Box to Pc , but that makes no difference , i think )

i am sure the Info you need can be found here ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ive posted both pics on this site now so maybe people can see the board easier and give me some help.
            Are the nand reset pins the two holes by the nand chip or are they somewhere else???
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ive posted both pics on this site now so maybe people can see the board easier and give me some help.
              Are the nand reset pins the two holes by the nand chip or are they somewhere else???
              Hi ,

try , is the only way you know it ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

try , is the only way you know it ,

good luck / gefattern
                So when I did this the boot light remained on while the red light behind the spdif port shut off as long as I kept contact. It went back on when I took the wire off. Computer never picked up anything. I'm using a win 8 machine

Comment

So when I did this the boot light remained on while the red light behind the spdif port shut off as long as I kept contact. It went back on when I took the wire off. Computer never picked up anything. I'm using a win 8 machine
                  Hi ,

sounds not nice , hope you can find the right Pins ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

you shouldnt need to do this if you have the correct firmware. this is an old tactic to halt the boot. you will know when you have the right firmware when you get past 3%.

if you are dead set on shorting the pins, look up your nand chip. find the datasheets and match number of pins to specific chip.

another approach, UART. get a FTDI (you can pick up from BB, OD, OM, or Staples) based serial and connect TX to RX on board and RX to TX on board. GND to GND. and give power. there are some scripts out there to test different baud rates for you or you can do it manually. once you get that, you can talk to uboot and fix/flash yourself.

im going back under my rock now.

Comment

Originally posted by Urgodfather View Post
                      you shouldnt need to do this if you have the correct firmware. this is an old tactic to halt the boot. you will know when you have the right firmware when you get past 3%.

if you are dead set on shorting the pins, look up your nand chip. find the datasheets and match number of pins to specific chip.

another approach, UART. get a FTDI (you can pick up from BB, OD, OM, or Staples) based serial and connect TX to RX on board and RX to TX on board. GND to GND. and give power. there are some scripts out there to test different baud rates for you or you can do it manually. once you get that, you can talk to uboot and fix/flash yourself.

im going back under my rock now.
                      Hi ,

for sure this is possible , but if you are a not so good in technical things ,

a good turorial would be great how to restore a bricked AML Box with

UART , it not exist here , maybe you are the Man for that ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                      X