Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with dead X7 / Drive installation

Hello,

I tried installing the Finless rom by following the instructions. Booted up the device by holding the reset button, and Win8.1 recognized the device as "Unknow USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)". When checking the properties, it said "Code 43" thus unable to install the drivers supplied with the Finless rom.

Tried using few different cables and few different usb-ports, rebooting disabling driver signature enforcement etc. Just cant get the drivers installed... After about a minute later Windows just losts the device and I have to reboot the X7 to get it back visible to device manager.

So I decided to stop for tonight. Now however the device isnt even rebooting, I cant even get the Minix logo visible to my screen. All I can do is to get to the recovery mode by holding the reset button and powerin up the device without usb cable plugged in (how do you even navigate in the menu?).

How can I get my device back to life? Is my fresh Win8.1 installation making problems?

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I was able to wipe everything in the recovery. I also managed to root the device and install CWM into it. But I'm still unable to install drivers provided with Finless rom. Also tried other computer with no luck. Also tried "reboot fastboot" to get to flash mode.

Any advices installing the drivers?

Comment

it went fine for me on win7 64 bit.

it does shutdown fairly fast when connected to the pc (about 1 min max for me)
      I haven't had a code 43 in a long time, what does it say when you try to install the drivers or does it even attempt to?

generic code 43 solution worth a try?

Comment

Working...
      X