Mecool KM9, Android 8.1 is it HW or SW problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool KM9, Android 8.1 is it HW or SW problem

I have an unusual problem, i think it is most likely hardware problem. I bought it from geekbuying, and set it up. It worked that evening, but the next morning time was reset and anything google(youtube, gmail, play store) wasn't working. It showed that i was logged out, and that there was no network connection. Kodi, netflix, and browser worked normally.

After a couple of factory resets the same thing happened every time.

After talking with customer service they recommend to update to newer firmware. The one from their link didn't work.
    I tried with Nano Nexus from Magendanz with OTA version and it worked, but i didn't really like it.

After i got the cable i tried with USB burning tool, and tried a couple of different ROM(poison v2, stock and nano from Magendanz, stock from mecool) and non of them worked.
    With stock it got to 49% and stopped.
    I use Burning tool v2.1.6.
    I think there is a problem with memory on the device, and that is why it doesn't work. Maybe i am doing something wrong? In the link i saved a couple of log if it means anything to anybody.

Try using the SD card method.
    With "Burn card maker"

Or you can try plugging the power supply to the box. But only plug it just before you click "Start" on the USB burn tool.

I hope it helps

Cheers

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sd card method doesn't work since the device won't boot on its own.
      I have tried a lot of different combinations of power cable, and reset button, but it didn't work.
      I read in one of the other topics that mecool is really sensitive with noise, and a high quality usb cable is a must.
      Do you know anything about it?

Comment

Update to Android 9 - port from KM3-KM9 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X