Keyboard case for pmid701c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard case for pmid701c

Shot in the dark here but will one of those keyboard/cases on **** work with this tablet? I was looking at one for the Pandigital since it has the correct connector. Not sure if this will even be possible but I am hopeful.

I have used a USB mouse and keyboard with my pmid701c

Using a OTG cable I was able to use a USB mouse and keyboard, the mouse was fully supported, IE extra buttons did things like: home, menu, back. I give it at least a 90% chance of working...

Do you have a link to the one you have in mind?

Comment

Sure do

http://www.****.com/itm/230652766187...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

hey nice little kbd/case

OK You convinced me. I am still only 90% sure but for $15.48 I am in. I will let you know for SURE when it gets here.

Comment

Lol

Yeah, it looks pretty cool. I guess i'll wait for the pro to give it a go. BTW, is there a way you have to set up that connection so that it will allow accessories or do you just need the right connector?

Comment

How it works...

I think OTG cables have a extra pin to signal the device to enter HOST mode, after that its a USB port like on your computer. If there is a driver for the device you plug in then it works.

Comment

Hope it works for you

I'm not sure it will though, because if you look at the mount points on the side of the device, and the teeth on the case itself, it doesn't look like it will match up exactly, unless of course is snaps onto the face of the device. Be sure to let us know if it works out for you though.

Thanks

Comment

I took the plunge X5

I ordered 5 of these (3 black and 2 pink) for my family. Four of us have the Polaroid PMID700 and the other has the COBY 7". The only difference is I found a distributer in New Jersey with the same thing for rougly the same price. http://www.****.com/itm/120809330701...84.m1423.l2649 I figured I'll get it quicker that way. I'll let you know how well they work for both tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
                  I ordered 5 of these (3 black and 2 pink) for my family. Four of us have the Polaroid PMID700 and the other has the COBY 7". The only difference is I found a distributer in New Jersey with the same thing for rougly the same price. http://www.****.com/itm/120809330701...84.m1423.l2649 I figured I'll get it quicker that way. I'll let you know how well they work for both tablets.
                  so did you receive it yet? how is it working out for you?

Comment

This is identical to the one I just purchased from Amazon. It works!
                    Jim
                    ---
                    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
                    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
                    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

what's the trick?

Originally posted by Lexridge View Post
                      This is identical to the one I just purchased from Amazon. It works!
                      Just got mine, plugged it in and nothing. Not sure how to set it up. It's the same as in the link I posted at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiserman View Post
                        Just got mine, plugged it in and nothing. Not sure how to set it up. It's the same as in the link I posted at the beginning.
                        Did you get the extra cables with it? Mine came with two. If so, try it with a standard USB keyboard. Mine also works fine with that.
                        Jim
                        ---

Comment

Originally posted by Lexridge View Post
                          Did you get the extra cables with it? Mine came with two. If so, try it with a standard USB keyboard. Mine also works fine with that.
                          Mine has the same plug as the one that charges the tablet. I only got the main cord and no others. Wonder if I need some kind of adapter. Was hoping it would plug and play. When I plug it in I don't get any power to the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiserman View Post
                            Mine has the same plug as the one that charges the tablet. I only got the main cord and no others. Wonder if I need some kind of adapter. Was hoping it would plug and play. When I plug it in I don't get any power to the keyboard.
                            this is one I purchased. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

The mini keyboard has its own cable, which I connected directly to my 701i, plus it came with two OTG cables. One which I used to connect the Dell keyboard. I did this both direct, and with a 4 port hub, and it worked both ways.

I didnt have to do anything special. All three keyboards lights on the mini flashed as soon as it was plugged in, and it worked.
                            Jim
                            ---

Comment

probably just ordered the 1 out there that won't work with it. Doesn't make sense though.

Comment

Working...
                              X