Pick my next input device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick my next input device

I'm gonna buy a wireless keyboard and since it seems to come up alot I thought I could do something useful and let you guys pick it for me (sorta). I've narrowed it down to 3 options, or a possible 4th if there is something most people will agree on and it's in the same price range.

I like all 3 of these options so just choose the one you are the most curious about and want to see how it works without spending money on it. Obviously I'll do a full review within a few days of receiving it and post here.

Notes:
    The K400/400r is pretty well known to work fine, but I left it in there anyway.
    I didn't list any air mice because I don't think that will be best for my environment (wife), and I don't really see one that I truly like. At some point in the future I my pickup a dedicated air mouse with no keyboard and we can do the poll all over again (yay).

links to the items in poll:

K400

Favi FE02RF-bl

QQ-Tech
    K400/400r
    66.67%
    FAVI FE02RF-BL
    0.00%
    QQ-Tech Keyboard
    0.00%
    Other
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Loser; 10-08-2013, 23:59. Reason: cuz

Dang, I honestly thought there'd be more interest.

ok well I'll probably just order the k400 if I don't get any votes in a couple days

Comment

I haven't tried the K400 but I have the others.

Honestly, my hands down favorite is the IOGear GKM681R. The trackpad on the others is what I don't like b/c they either seem overly sensitive or not sensitive enough. The trackball on the IOGear is very smooth and the keyboard is layed out very nicely with left/right mouse buttons on the left/right upper bumper (respectively). Also the size is a very good balance between miniature and full size which I also like. I got it from Amazon. Range seems very good also although I'm always a couple feet away.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        I had intended to pick a keyboard that maybe people had seen but didnt know how it would work with their x7, then I could buy it and let everyone know. K400 isnt really a mystery but I havent seen many people specifically mention it regarding the x7 so I put it in the poll too.

I did look at the iogear and was tempted, but I used to use a trackball a lot and im just not a fan.

Comment

Yeah it's weird...I really don't like using trackballs but for some reason the touchpads on the other devices are a major pain. I definitely see what you're saying though.

Comment

I have a K400r and it just works with my T428, period. The only thing I'm really missing is the ability to pinch-zoom.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

yea I grabbed the k400. it works as advertised. I'd consider it perfect if it just had a lil scroll wheel to the right of the the touch pad. The "Enter" key has worked on every input area I've tried so far, i had thought people were having issues with that.

thanks for the input everyone

Comment

Re: Pick my next input device

Originally posted by Loser View Post
                yea I grabbed the k400. it works as advertised. I'd consider it perfect if it just had a lil scroll wheel to the right of the the touch pad. The "Enter" key has worked on every input area I've tried so far, i had thought people were having issues with that.

thanks for the input everyone
                K400 here as well. Like your idea about the scroll wheel btw! Why did you mention it, now I'm missing it too!

I bought the a2 air mouse together with my x7 because i liked the idea of a wii-kinda controller. In the end, i didn't find it very useful to navigate (too difficult / time consuming to click on a specific link or button). When I finally bought my k400 I found (for me) the best way to navigate with the x7. Love it.

There's also a k700 btw

Comment

ha, sorry I mentioned the scroll wheel.

I actually have a k700 that came with my logitech revue. i didn't consider it an option because i'm not a huge fan of it. the dimensions are a little smaller but at the cost of having fewer keys and they are laid out differently (in a bad way to me), also the touchpad is noticeably smaller. It's nice that it can power off the tv and do a few other IR things, but it's just not for me. If it was primarily an xbmc box then i could totally see it as viable.

Comment

Working...
                  X