minix x7 user with questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minix x7 user with questions.

i just got a bunch of these box's i looked around this forum but i did not find any information on this.
    so here it goes.

how do i load a custom rom on this box?
    is it like android phones? flash recovery then load from sd card?
    where can i get the drivers for my computer to recognize the minix x7?

i do not want to void the warranty but i do want to use the finless rom.
    what is the best kernel and rom combination to achieve this?

is there a thread that has this information where i can read this already?

Originally posted by infamouskid View Post
    i just got a bunch of these box's i looked around this forum but i did not find any information on this.
    so here it goes.

how do i load a custom rom on this box?
    is it like android phones? flash recovery then load from sd card?
    where can i get the drivers for my computer to recognize the minix x7?

i do not want to void the warranty but i do want to use the finless rom.
    what is the best kernel and rom combination to achieve this?

is there a thread that has this information where i can read this already?
    THe finless rom comes with the drivers and a readme file with instruvtions (the instructions are prettymuch the same for any other rom, If not they usually come with readme files)

the kernel_phja_720_vsfam or the 1080p one

but If I whre you I would flash the OCed kernel, If your device has no hardware issues in the first place, If you want to try the OCed kernel I would recommend you the 1800/600/720 kernel
    "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
    - Bill gates

Comment

1800/600/720???

do you mean 1800/600/800?? aka kernel_phja_720_vsfsam_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr800.img? ?

Originally posted by diegocaxudo View Post
      THe finless rom comes with the drivers and a readme file with instruvtions (the instructions are prettymuch the same for any other rom, If not they usually come with readme files)

the kernel_phja_720_vsfam or the 1080p one

but If I whre you I would flash the OCed kernel, If your device has no hardware issues in the first place, If you want to try the OCed kernel I would recommend you the 1800/600/720 kernel

Comment

Originally posted by infamouskid View Post
        1800/600/720???

do you mean 1800/600/800?? aka kernel_phja_720_vsfsam_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr800.img? ?
        No, there are some extra kernels in the finless 1.6 thread. some people have been experiencing some shutdowns with the 1800/600/800 kernel phjanderson said that this could be because 800ddr is a little bit too much for the device (stil nothing that would damage it). that's why most people us 1800/600/720 incluiding me
        "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
        - Bill gates

Comment

thanks i'll head over there now and look for this kernel link.

Originally posted by diegocaxudo View Post
          No, there are some extra kernels in the finless 1.6 thread. some people have been experiencing some shutdowns with the 1800/600/800 kernel phjanderson said that this could be because 800ddr is a little bit too much for the device (stil nothing that would damage it). that's why most people us 1800/600/720 incluiding me

Comment

Working...
          X