[ROM] T95Q Android 9 (ported)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post

there are 2 versions of t95q box. the old one comes with android 8.1 stock and the new one comes with android 9 stock, but they have different chips so android 9 stock will only work on the new box.
    and all the ported roms from my post only works on the stock android 8.1 box.
    When i first got mine from Amazon the seller said it was Android 9 and when i click the "about" device it said Android 9, then if i keep clicking android 9 get the colored "P" logo but if i look at the build or kernal version its actually Android 8.1 dont trust that just because it says its android 9 or pi it is they are cheating on these devices. You should look at the board and make sure what chips are actually on these boards and what wifi and bluetooth chip.

If you search "BowerR64 T95Q" i made a post when i first joined this forum and i was clueless what i had, i actually thought i had a box with Android 9 but when i went back and looked at my images, they all said Android 9 but the kernal wasnt the 9 kernal

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
      I do still have it, i dont know how to post files.

The files i used was posted on the mega site and its called "T95Q-X96Max-S905X2" inside that folder the file is zipped up as "SLIMBOX-X3-vendor-X96Max_S905X2.zip"

If that helps you any?

This is just a guess, but i suspect the S905X3 is just a faster clocked X2 like they have weeded out the coolest running X2s and clocked em up

My T95Q has good cooling, i have a chip artic silver epoxied on every chip, ive played asphalt 8 on it for hours with this firmware, rom what ever it is and its been really solid.

Its the best its ran since ive had it
      I installed slimbox again without the vendor file and this time it works fine. Even wifi and bt work fine, its strange.

Thats the same vendor file I have and the one I used originally, so dont get why it doesnt work.

The only issue is Ive put 5.1 on it, and without that vendor file I dont have the update app, so to get back to 6.1 ill have to reflash from scratch.

Comment

Humm i must of just got lucky picking the right slimbox version. Im not changing mine, like i said its the best its ever ran and it should last me a while longer as it sits. The good thing is the slimbox isnt all bloated with junk apps, just what i would use, clean and even the settings and stuff on the side are better then stock with the top and bottom bars make it easy to navigate with a game controller

Glad you got it sorted, it seems when i first installed mine i had issues with wifi and bluetooth then after i rebooted it everything worked as if it switched drives for the devices or something

Comment

I installed 6.1 over 5.1 and all seems good again. Still without the vendor, but as long as its working I dont really care. Just a shame I cant figure out which rom i need to get 8.0 working.

Tried a few, and the n5max rom is the only one that works fine, but no wifi, and installing the vendor patch doesnt help (probably doesnt support v8).

Ill just stick with 6.1 for now, as its still a solid rom.

Comment

Originally posted by dudese View Post
            I installed 6.1 over 5.1 and all seems good again. Still without the vendor, but as long as its working I dont really care. Just a shame I cant figure out which rom i need to get 8.0 working.

Tried a few, and the n5max rom is the only one that works fine, but no wifi, and installing the vendor patch doesnt help (probably doesnt support v8).

Ill just stick with 6.1 for now, as its still a solid rom.
            Try the v8 SlimBox for the x96 Max X2, it works great on my box (T95Q)

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Try the v8 SlimBox for the x96 Max X2, it works great on my box (T95Q)
              Thanks. Will have to try it.

do you have the old or new t95q though?

Comment

Thanks. Will have to try it.

do you have the old or new t95q though?
                NEW I think

Comment

NEW I think
                  Did it come pre installed with android 9 out of the box? If so its the new one. If it came with 8.1 and youve upgraded it since, then its an old box.

Ive tried a couple of the x96 max roms (as theres a few types), and it just seems to hang on 7% when flashing saying disk initial error, which is strange. Tried a few other random roms for other boxes and they do the same. Only the n5max x3 rom works (without wifi and bt though).

Regardless of old or new... if youve got the x96 rom working then it should work the same on mine, so its strange it doesnt. Which rom did you use exactly? (Sorry for being a pain)

Comment

Did it come pre installed with android 9 out of the box? If so its the new one. If it came with 8.1 and youve upgraded it since, then its an old box.

Ive tried a couple of the x96 max roms (as theres a few types), and it just seems to hang on 7% when flashing saying disk initial error, which is strange. Tried a few other random roms for other boxes and they do the same. Only the n5max x3 rom works (without wifi and bt though).

Regardless of old or new... if youve got the x96 rom working then it should work the same on mine, so its strange it doesnt. Which rom did you use exactly? (Sorry for being a pain)
                    Try the v8 AOSP SlimBox for the x96 Max X2

Comment

I have. Fails on flashing at 7% on the burning tool

also tried a few of the x96 max plus roms and they do the same.

tried a few of the different roms now for other boxes and the n5max x3 is still the only one that works, but no drivers.

Might just have to wait till the new t95q gets a rom of its own.

Comment

I have. Fails on flashing at 7% on the burning tool

also tried a few of the x96 max plus roms and they do the same.

tried a few of the different roms now for other boxes and the n5max x3 is still the only one that works, but no drivers.

Might just have to wait till the new t95q gets a rom of its own.
                        Can't use the plus rom its X3, gotta use x2 rom X96 Max....when u flash, r u plugging the power supply in also? keep trying because at 7% is where the old rom is formatted and use v2.1.7.0 USB burning tool...just keep trying it will take off. Load the rom 1st, then click the start, then hold the reset and plug the USB wire from computer, while still holding the reset plug power supply in also

Comment

I never used the slim roms this way i used twrp there was a video posted fro youtube and i just did it the way the video showed

But i agree ive used usb before to flash a few SBC boards and it would reboot at 7% without the external power, soon as the PC beeps to indicate its connected i had to plug in the external power because it uses way more power then most USB ports can supply when upgrading

Comment

Can't use the plus rom its X3, gotta use x2 rom X96 Max....when u flash, r u plugging the power supply in also? keep trying because at 7% is where the old rom is formatted and use v2.1.7.0 USB burning tool...just keep trying it will take off. Load the rom 1st, then click the start, then hold the reset and plug the USB wire from computer, while still holding the reset plug power supply in also
                            No dont usually plug the power in. It seems fine with just the usb.
                            I usually load up the program (2.1.7), then plug the box into the pc whilst holding the av. Then ill import the img and flash it. Usually works fine that way but will try your way and see if it helps.

Yeah wasnt expecting the x3 roms to work, but figured id just try them

Comment

Tried your method and it still fails on 7%. Tried using burning tool 3.1 but that wont even pickup the box. Tried all sorts, but it refuses to flash the x96rom whatever I try (i was using asop x96max oldver 8)

Comment

Tried your method and it still fails on 7%. Tried using burning tool 3.1 but that wont even pickup the box. Tried all sorts, but it refuses to flash the x96rom whatever I try (i was using asop x96max oldver 8)
                                Have you tried the BeeLink GT Mini2 ver8 from SlimBox? From what i understand that should work also

Comment

Working...
                                X