Screen resolution issue with T95Q and X96S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen resolution issue with T95Q and X96S

Hello! I'm having resolution issues with my S905X2 and S905Y2 based Android TV Players, namely the T95Q and X96S.

I am trying to use the android boxes with a 1080p touchscreen monitor. When I do a fresh boot with a factory resetted android box, it first displays 1080p in the boot picture, but then the screen goes black and it comes back with 576p. The android boxes work great in 1080p with other screens, and the touchscreen works well in 1080p when connected to a laptop, but the combination of Android Box + Touchscreen does not allow me to choose 1080p as resolution, even though it initially shows it in boot animation. I tried newer and older firmware for the devices, but that did not help.

Any ideas appreciated! I've contacted the touchscreen manufacturer, but they claimed it was an issue related to the android box. Sadly I haven't been able to get in touch with the manufacturer, as I've only found resellers and not a manufacturer.

Originally posted by TuomasHex View Post
    Hello! I'm having resolution issues with my S905X2 and S905Y2 based Android TV Players, namely the T95Q and X96S.

I am trying to use the android boxes with a 1080p touchscreen monitor. When I do a fresh boot with a factory resetted android box, it first displays 1080p in the boot picture, but then the screen goes black and it comes back with 576p. The android boxes work great in 1080p with other screens, and the touchscreen works well in 1080p when connected to a laptop, but the combination of Android Box + Touchscreen does not allow me to choose 1080p as resolution, even though it initially shows it in boot animation. I tried newer and older firmware for the devices, but that did not help.

Any ideas appreciated! I've contacted the touchscreen manufacturer, but they claimed it was an issue related to the android box. Sadly I haven't been able to get in touch with the manufacturer, as I've only found resellers and not a manufacturer.
    Without the Android tv box manufacturer adding the correct driver for the touchscreen to the kernel, you won't be able to fix it properly.
    Touch screens usually only work well with Android development boards that are open-source from eg. Odroid, Khadas etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Without the Android tv box manufacturer adding the correct driver for the touchscreen to the kernel, you won't be able to fix it properly.
      Touch screens usually only work well with Android development boards that are open-source from eg. Odroid, Khadas etc.
      Allright thanks! I was able to find a manufacturer that says they can modify the operating system for me if I order enough of them. The boxes would go to our company, so ordering more at once is probably not an issue.

If I were to ask them to modify the drivers, what do I have to say to them to get it fixed? I probably need to give them some details of the touchscreen, correct? Do you happen to know what information is usually needed for adding the correct drivers? Thanks a lot in advance. These things are new to me, but I'm sure it should be possible to fix this if the manufacturer agrees to modify some things

Comment

Working...
      X