Beelink GT1-mini② Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Trebor is correct, it never uses the last 2 cores. I emailed Beelink about that problem.
    So, what did their Rapid-Response team come up with?
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

So, what did their Rapid-Response team come up with?
      They still haven't provided me with an updated firmware. I emailed them, to see how they are coming with the firmware. I have also, gave them different ideas on how they can improve their firmware.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

They still haven't provided me with an updated firmware. I emailed them
        So, you're talking to the wall...No Reply?
        I thought Treb had tested the device too, successfully?
        If so, he's non same FW?
        A Data and Dalvic wipe with a Reset does nada? No ability to obtain and reflash existing Rom?
        Have you ck'd it with Kernal Tweaker? You can set clock speed parameters, turn them ALL off and perhaps force a restart o the crippled cores...IDK, maybe?
        If Not, the Cores in question may be damaged , or the SW commands are missig'''?
        Either way a pitiful statement for QC/QA, as is the non-responsive support. Not much surprised tho.
        Last edited by ClarkKent; 09-16-2019, 01:11.

Comment

Yes its all work in progress.

They are also having a bot of a 3 day Mid Autumn Festival, (sounds like a good excuse to hit the booze but anyways)
          This will slow the process

All in good time
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

So, you're talking to the wall...No Reply?
            I thought Treb had texted the device too, successfully?
            If s, he's on same FW?
            Data and Dalvic wipe with a Reset does nada? No ability to obtain and reflash existing Rom?
            Have you ck'd it with Kernal Tweaker? Yo can set clock speed parameters, turn them ALL off and perhaps force a restart o the crippled cores...IDK, maybe?
            Iff Not, the Cores in question are damaged , or the SW commands aaree missig'''?
            Either way a pitiful statement for QC/QA, as is the non-responsive suport. Nt much surprised tho.
            I guess I did not state it correctly. Beelink and I communicate quite often via email. They are still working on the firmware. I am typing this right now on this box. I just got done watching a couple of NFL football games, and they played perfectly. I am very pleased with this box.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I put together this video to show the Dev's at Beelink what they could improve upon. This little box, even with the last two cores not being accessed, is really impressing me. Automatic Frame Rate Switching. DTS HD audio passthrough, using VLC.

The only biggie to me, is that NONE of the Amlogic boxes can hardware decode the VC-1 codec....... But that is not a Beelink problem, but it would be awesome, if they could solve it.

Testing the newest Android box using the latest Amlogic SoC, S905X3, the Beelink GT1 Mini 2. Using VLC, it does passthrough the DTS HD audio codecs, but NOT...

Comment

Just received one of these. Nice box and does real well on my 10 year old plasma tv. Gonna hafta send it back though....

....I'm an old duffer and my arthritis hands can't deal with the remote & because it's not IR my Harmony remote won't program it.

Comment

Originally posted by drswogg View Post
                  Just received one of these. Nice box and does real well on my 10 year old plasma tv. Gonna hafta send it back though....

....I'm an old duffer and my arthritis hands can't deal with the remote & because it's not IR my Harmony remote won't program it.
                  Don't give up just yet, help, er at least, comments are on the way....
                  I am not your guy though. sit tight!
                  Welcome to the forum and yur bix adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by drswogg View Post

Don't send it back, that is an awesome box for the price........ There are several different varieties of Android for it and someone on here has even ported Linux for it.........

I agree, the remote is too difficult to use, the keys are tooo stiff for my old hands also......... I did purchase a G30s remote that has IR learning capabilities for less than $10 USD. I loved it so much, I ended up purchasing 2 more (not at the same time) all for less than $10 USD.

I have numerous different remotes, but this one is by far my favorite. G30 2.4G Gyroscope Wireless Air Mouse 33 Keys IR Learning Smart Voice Remote Control....

Comment

clarkss12 Bravo! my man!

Comment

Working...
                      X