Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enable 13 WiFi channels on a rooted GT1-Mini box

Hello,
    I have the Beelink GT1-Mini box (Running on Android 9) and I'd like to enable 13 WiFi channels on it, similar to what Sasvlad has done with his custom ROM. How can I do it without installing a custom ROM? I have Root Explorer installed with Root access. I just need to know what file to modify/replace to enable 13 WiFi channels.

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Find and edit build.prop file with line:
    Code:
    ro.wifi.channels=14
    Note: I believe this only applies to the 2.4GHz WiFi band, which has available channels of 1-14, so if you know how to customize your router to Only broadcast WiFi on Channel 13 then you can take advantage of the extra channels that your neighbors are not probably using or switch to a lower congested channel. Note most newer routers intelligently switch your broadcast channel to the least congested channel automatically. Most my neighbors use channel 1, 3, or 11, so I use channel 7. Download the app "Wi-Fi Analyzer" from Google Play and view what channels are available and what has the most traffic.

Comment

Thank you so much RiCkLaR_atvX , really appreciate the detailed response!

Comment

bryan3r3 forgot to mention, if you don modify the build.prop you need to always remember to reset the permissions of the file because some text editors will changes the file permissions when editing. For android 9 that file must remain RW- --- --- (chmod 600). Failure to double check and reset permissions could cause a bootloop. Using TotalCommander file manager app with the Root switches On easily identifies the files permissions.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
        X