Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenstone
    replied
    Works ok but too many items are coming up in a non-english language so probably going to go back to the original firmware at this point but have to give him credit it looks really nice and seems to work well. You can change the main language by going into the black settings control panel and looking for the globe and switching it to english. You also should change keyboard to english.

Leave a comment:

• tedeg
    replied
    Originally posted by greenstone View Post
    Not worried about the clock - trying to switch the language is the problem... lol...
    Thanks!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tedeg
    replied
    I haven't Tried this Rom. Is it possible to change the language? Da or niet? ????????

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Found it look for the globe under settings and select english.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Not worried about the clock - trying to switch the language is the problem... lol...

Leave a comment:

• Porkie
    replied
    May not work with this device, but just recently on a thread for the A95X F2 someone found that the clocks on these devices are now controled by the boot.img, and was able to get the clock working on a custom rom simply by flasing the stock boot.img. So it may be worthh flashing the stock boot.img with flasify before setting up the rom to see if it fixes the clock, cause it did work on the A95X F2

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Ok I found it: https://translate.googleusercontent....YgtPGu2weXSyqQ

As a New Year's gift for all lovers of my opus!

X88King VolksWare by Sasvlad v.1.0

Thanks to the user gentenaar for the box provided to me, without it this firmware would not have existed.

The main changes in the firmware (I will not list everything - the page is not enough):
    • fresh su binary installed
    • installed patched SuperSu 2.82, which does not require updating
    • removed the ancient chinese busybox and installed fresh
    • USB debugging enabled by default, full AdbShell support, disabled Selinux
    • UI animation speed set to 0.5
    • Noise Canceled
    • tcp buffer tweak for slow internet
    • Auto Frame Rate (afrd) service management software installed
    • translated launcher Lighthome into Russian
    • replaced the central buttons of the launcher with the most commonly used
    • Russified DroidTVSettings
    • I rewrote the frameworks and the system interface so that a normal curtain with notifications and navbar appears
    • autocover curtains and navigation bar
    • fixed reboots when watching IPTV (they can still happen, it depends on broken streams. But much less often)
    • Chromecut screensavers with cut ads
    • added a saver control section in the side settings
    • Android TV Remote service is installed to control boxing from a smartphone. You need to install Android TV Remote Control on your phone
    • two voice searches of your choice (standard and AndroidTV, see screenshots)
    • the firmware is cleaned of unnecessary files and garbage
    • Built-in advanced TWRP recovery 3.2.3-1 with additional features for backup
    • the default language is Russian and Central European time GMT + 2
    • 13 WiFi channels

The following applications have been added:
    • ES Explorer
    • HD Videobox Pro
    • power-menu to enter TWRP
    • Smart YouTube

Known bugs:
    • LAN works poorly (at least WiFi works for me without problems)
    • The clock on the front panel does not work. This is a fee for a working curtain with a navbar. It is possible to write firmware with a clock, but without bars. I thought that for AOSP bars are more important. If it comes to firmware Android TV on the subject - there the bars are not so important, you can return the watch.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    tedeg Where did you find this? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tedeg
    replied
    Hello,
    i don't understand Russian because i'm French but the fantastic Sasvlad hat built this Rom for the x88 king!!!!!

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Friendly teddy ??????

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Juasser I did a google search for that error regarding the android OS and they suggested turning on and off the USB in bios but since we cant do that I am supposing there is a USB module or something that can be replaced in the OS - I have no idea how to do this but I have tried to expand the alvatech rom and the original firmware and compare not sure what I am looking for other than stuff called USB. I have no idea how to replace it however if I do find something. Just keeping busy I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Juasser
    replied
    raruba Porkie

- Turn on/off debug usb or apps dont work.
    - I have managed to control the device with the infrared of the mobile and then accessing the bluetooth, can turn on and search for a bluetooth control
    - The device recognizes usb, but fails to connect anything. with a dmesg it shows me this error "usb1 connect-debounce failed"
    - In the specific forum of the rom I already asked if anyone could solve it, but it was clarified that this forum was specific to the GTKing
    - I'm with you to ask developer too

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Porkie You can turn on developer options in most of these builds and mess with the USB but you need a way to control the box if your mouse/controller is usb connected I think you cant do anything - not sure if I have a controller that will work so I haven't done the firmware again.
    I have nothing either to control this box with the GT-King firmware.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by Porkie View Post

But you can navigate. I was not asking about deveoper sett, I was asking if anyone had tried specific apps to see what would happen. I personaly do not think it can be fixed within the software, cause the device USB ports are not the same as the GT Kings, but that still does not mean I cannot suggest things to try. I think the fix is simple find someone to port the rom, but in the mean time does not hurt to try things. I am confused why nobody has made a thread asking for a developer to make a rom instead of lookin for help for something that likely cannot be fixed with porting the rom. I guess I will cut through the nonsense and simply make the thread myself
    Great, thats what we need.....I'm with you to ask developer.

Leave a comment:

• Porkie
    replied
    Porkie You can turn on developer options in most of these builds and mess with the USB but you need a way to control the box if your mouse/controller is usb connected I think you cant do anything - not sure if I have a controller that will work so I haven't done the firmware again.
    But you can navigate. I was not asking about deveoper sett, I was asking if anyone had tried specific apps to see what would happen. I personaly do not think it can be fixed within the software, cause the device USB ports are not the same as the GT Kings, but that still does not mean I cannot suggest things to try. I think the fix is simple find someone to port the rom, but in the mean time does not hurt to try things. I am confused why nobody has made a thread asking for a developer to make a rom instead of lookin for help for something that likely cannot be fixed with porting the rom. I guess I will cut through the nonsense and simply make the thread myself

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Juasser I wouldn't mind seeing the gt-king install, I tried and my box got stuck at the bootloader I probably grabbed the wrong rom. I keep looking at what ugoos has done for its box and more and more I am thinking about sending the x88 king back as the vendor gave me the ability to do so.
    I see Chinagadget's has post the X88 King Firmware(https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/?s=x88+king) that's a start. Hopefully someone can download it and modify it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X