adb users please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adb users please read

i was working to try and get a guy past a lock screen issue and found that he was unable to use the usb cable to boot into debug mode like my primary tablet will. i tested again last night on my test tablet and found it would not boot from power off by plugging in the usb cable into debug mode. so if those of you who have been using adb already can try that test where you power off your tablet and then plug it into the computer that has the debug drivers and see if it boots into debug mode or not i eould be greatful. then let me know the results. i would then want to know if you had installed the clockwork recovery and other mods we have done so we can find out what made it boot diferent on the the tabkets. if we can figure it out we might be able to use that as a trap to get it to boot directly into the clockwork recovery later so we can have that as our fallback instead of havung to go all the way back to live suite.

so the quick needs:
    turn off tablet
    plug in usb
    see if it boots to debug mode and can connect with adb
    post results

Just tried this for you - Tablet has Market fix (mine,then n4rps version), CWM (softboot only), adb accessible from PC, and full root done with SuperOneClick - From fully off (debug enabled) plugging into the USB of my PC caused a normal boot as if I had just pressed the power button, nothing else.

Comment

Actually I want debug disabled when you shut it off so that I can see if it comes on when you power up via the USB cable. I had (I dont know what the one with the Onda firmware will do now untill I get home) my original one that would boot into debug from power off and plug in the USB cable and the debug was off when I powered off. The test unit would not boot into debug in the same conditions. I am just curious exactly what the difference is so the more data points the better. If we can figure out why they are different we might have a chance at finding a way to get it to boot into recovery by seeing that it booted by plugging in the USB. It was just a thought. Although it seems less of a major issue now that we know we can install the Onda Gingerbread and ICS firmwares. I will test shortly if I can fully recover to the Polaroid firmware using the Onda as a springboard, though we definitly have a ICS firmware to mod out now since we know we can use the Onda one.

Starting to come together

Comment

I think I figured out what did it

I set the machine into debug mode, and while the cable was connected still, unchecked the debug box in application development. Now debug starts up whenever I start the box with the cable attached. Might just be a display bug in the end. May have just never even really had the debug setting unchecked, just said it did.

Comment

Working...
        X