WiFi not connecting after upgrading H96 4g x 64g to android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi not connecting after upgrading H96 4g x 64g to android 9

just flashed H96 max+ with RK3328_DC_H96_MAX+_noaddon_HS2734C_9_20190427.2348 Software successfully installed using factory tool 1.64 WiFi sees my four routers I have connected to the internet. Problem cannot login with my passwords iphones android tablets & PC’s have no problems. Can only get the internet to work is by using a LAN cable connection! Is there a setting for the WiFi to get the internet thru’?
    BTW WiFi worked perfectly using ver 8.1

Probably you must flash HS2734 ROM <-----without the letter "C" at the bottom in the title, exactly this here: https://mega.nz/#F!B8gBhAKD!bZHKBR5F...0aE6Q?wtRHCAjS

If not work you can try SSV6951 versions. You can find them here: https://mega.nz/#F!B8gBhAKD!bZHKBR5FhfIAc93zd0aE6Q as last hope one of those in this link must be fine, try.

Use Android tool to flash. Android Tool easy steps: Load firmware, Erase Flash, Upgrade.

[If you are Recovering/Updating with Android 9 ROM having Android 8 installed on your box you can also use Factory Tool.
    In case of downgrade you must use Android Tool with the steps I wrote before]

Last edited by Digit97; 12-04-2019, 00:43.

Comment

flashed back to 8.1 and the wifi connection works again load 9.0 wifi connection fails

Comment

So you have flashed the "C version" or "without C version" ? I'm happy if worked with my advice.
        You can see WiFi connections and can connect?

Comment

I used the Factory tool that was on the h96 site with all the f/w. The Factory tool has only 2 options upgrade or restore.....used the restore. Sorry that I didn't explain the WiFi problem clearly enough. With android 9 the TV box saw the WiFi signals but the problem the failure was with connect phase. It is obvious outward bound messaging gets lost

Comment

I ask you these questions because the users who will read in the future will be able to better understand how to solve the problem:

I assume that you have solved your problem flashing android 8, did you use "HS2734" or "HS2734C" ?

Comment

I tried the following Android 9 images
              RK3318_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734C_9_20190917.0117
              RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734C_9_20190523.1457
              RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734C_9_2019031.2215
              RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_noaddon_HS2734C_9_2019427.2348
              all exhibit WiFi problem
              Reflashed with 8.1 WiFi works again---------------->RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734_8.1.1_20190218.0557
              The original problem with utube app still remains
              As this app is part of the f/w it cannot be updated the same applies to Netflix &google play

Comment

I said you to try with the files without "C" in the title and as you can see flashing the "Android 8 HS2734 " your wifi works totally. You have flashed "Android 9 HS2734C" and your Wi-Fi not work.

You need the version: HS2734. <----- Without "C". Android 8 or 9 no difference. You understand?

HS2734C is wrong for your TVbox. In my case, with my H96 Max+ I need HS2734C: we have a similar but different network card.

Now if you flash this ROM: https://mega.nz/#!IspWWQyZ!qLkm4r5r2...HwY74f-ophPd3A that I've already linked to you, I'm sure that the Wi-Fi will work totally also with Android 9.

Tell me a bit more about Youtube app problem.

Comment

I had download this version too did not persist with it as it had the same problem in the setup like the "C" versions "The connection timed out" did the connection again in setting hooray the WiFi connected in 5G. The utube problem is the same as with 8.1! Going into the utube app The message is Youtube app needs updating click update which it then google play store comes up. Google says this app cannot be updated with your version of android......see your friendly supplier for a solution. Have does this but no reply! If one dnls the app from google store Youtube works fine. However there are 2 utube apps. The annoying thing is the skin short cut goes to the pre-loaded app and not the one from the play store. However the utube app in the "C" works fine. It is obvious the any app the are embedded cannot be uodated

Comment

What you wrote is very confusing, for Youtube you don't worry we'll solve it later.

Did you have flashed the "RK3328_DC_H96_Max + _HS2734_9_20190313.1151" version that I linked to you in my last message?
                    Do you have Wi-Fi fully functional or not?
                    Last edited by Digit97; 12-05-2019, 21:31.

Comment

yes WiFi is now functional will post some pix of the utube problem

Comment

Your Wi-F now totally work with Android 9 ?

Open a separate topic for Youtube problem
                        Last edited by Digit97; 12-05-2019, 21:23.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_160944281.jpeg
Views:	2065
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	791587 here are some screen shots Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_160742466.jpeg
Views:	2026
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	791585Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_160846600.jpeg
Views:	2043
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	791586

Comment

I do not wish to be controversial but it is happening to have to ask the same questions several times and it is a bit difficult to help you if I have no answers from you.

Does your Wi-Fi work on android 9?

I will try to find a youtube apk that works.

Comment

yes the WiFi works with Android 9 Can dnl Youtube that works as a separate program but the non working one remains The ideal situation would be to remove the original and replace it with the new one. In other words when the Youtube icon goes to the new program rather than original

Comment

Working...
                              X